CAPITAL MARKETS ADVISOR
This position directs the capitalization efforts for office, retail, industrial, hospitality, multi-family, and other commercial properties through various public and private capital sources. Responsibilities include originating, structuring credit terms, negotiating, and closing commercial real estate loans and/or equity joint ventures for multi-family, hotel, retail, office space, or other types of commercial properties.
- Work closely with the local markets, borrowers, and lending customers of commercial real estate.
- Develop significant long term relationships with the borrowers and service providers to promote those markets. Provide training and feedback to the Real Estate Analysts to facilitate their growth and understanding of the business.
- Conduct risk assessment and generate targeted returns from investments as well as coordinate the due diligence effort.
- Provide training and feedback to the Real Estate Analyst to facilitate their growth and understanding of the business.
- Promote the various service lines of the company.
- Minimum 5 years experience in commercial real estate finance.
- Must have knowledge of the real estate marketplace.
- Interpersonal skills - excellent communication skills, (i.e. listening, speaking, writing, presentation skills, etc.); able to interface with top executives.
- Ability to be an independent worker with a team player attitude.
- Must be self-motivated, team-oriented, and capable of handling several tasks simultaneously.
- Strong leadership skills and commitment to a team environment are essential in this position.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred in Real Estate, Finance, Economics, or Business.
- Intermediate working knowledge of Word and Excel (Office 2010 version).
- Willing to learn additional software as needed.
- Office – work with computers, copiers, and scanners.
This is a commissioned based position.
HFF is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, handicap or disability, genetic information, membership or service in the U.S. Armed Forces, or any other characteristic protected by law.