Municipal Credit Analyst
Primary Purpose of the Position
The Municipal Credit Analyst is responsible for the coverage of select sectors in the Municipal Bond investment universe. The Analyst will conduct fundamental research to help guide individual investment decisions and portfolio strategy. The Analyst will partner with Portfolio Managers to make investment decisions that contribute to consistently superior risk-adjusted returns.
- Conduct fundamental, independent research on issuers in the assigned sector(s). Key research inputs include financial factors, strength of management, environmental factors and economic conditions. The research output should include the assignment of a TRPA credit rating, an investment recommendation and, as appropriate, a sector view.
- Create historical and projected financial models, analyzing key financial metrics.
- Maintain solid relationships with government officials/management teams, rating agencies, sell-side analysts, and other TRP investment professionals, including Fixed Income and Equity analysts. Leverage relationships to develop unique insights that contribute to superior investment decisions.
- Assimilate and filter various sources of information to develop a long term, well-researched investment thesis.
- Communicate investment recommendations orally and in writing to Portfolio Managers, other TRP analysts, internal committees and external clients. Investment recommendations should integrate one’s fundamental credit assessment with relative value considerations.
- MPP, MBA or CFA preferred
- At least three to five years of experience analyzing municipal credits including financial statement modeling
- Exemplary analytical skills
- An inquisitive nature that drives one’s analysis and results in unique investment insights
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Position requires regular communication inside T. Rowe Price as well as external organizations, including bond issuers, industry professionals, rating agencies and sell-side counterparts
- Experience understanding and evaluating creditworthiness and various fixed income investment assets. Experience with relative value and investing
- Ability to make judgments based on market knowledge
- Experience with macroeconomic financial modeling and analysis
- Inquisitive nature, driven to excel in all aspects of the analytical process
- Flexible, responsive and self-starting personality with keen attention to detail
- Willingness to pursue and explore ideas and potential investment opportunities, supporting one’s ideas to questioning by Portfolio Managers and other analysts
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to work independently as well as in collaboration with the investment team to generate optimal investment results
Please apply through our website: https://troweprice.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/TRowePrice/job/Baltimore-MD/Municipal-Credit-Analyst_32465