Partner Intelligence – Senior Business Planning & Strategy Consultant
Role Value Proposition:
This position will be responsible for developing and implementing best-in-class partner insight capabilities in support of MetLife’s Global Relationship Management (GRM) function. The role will work with relationship & business leadership within GRM, across the enterprise and externally, in an effort to maximize the ability to jointly generate value with our most important b2b partners, strengthen distribution advantage and deliver the right solution for the right customers.
The person will work with the AVP, Partner Intelligence to establish and maintain standards, protocols, and consistency across a suite of Partner Insight tools. Additionally, the person will direct and assist ad-hoc analysis projects requested from executive management. These efforts will range from short-duration deliverables (e.g. 1-2 days) to extensive, more complex analyses, which integrate various scenario analyses.
In addition, this role will develop new business strategies as it pertains to executive reporting using market research, competitive business intelligence, knowledge of our global businesses, and relationships with and input from global relationship managers, account managers and partners in multiple regions and target countries in addition to a team in the GOSC.
Develop and maintain sales reporting capabilities by leveraging salesforce and other financial reporting portals. These capabilities will support GRM leadership to manage their respective businesses, develop and substantiate strategies and make informed decisions.
The Global Relationship Management Group is a highly visible business development team, with span reaching across all MetLife lines of businesses globally. This role will be responsible for building critical relationships across the enterprise and external stakeholders, to support the GRM AVP and Leadership Team.
- Production and communication of client briefing materials and updates.
- Synthesis of data and information to create succinct summaries and tell the story of what is happening with partners.
- Maintain and leverage expert knowledge of customers (market forces, strategies, operating environment, behaviors) in the development and completion of executive reports and presentations.
- Routinely engage and meet with third parties and external partners.
- Partner with senior relationship and business partners to develop a research agenda that enhances partnerships with clients and informs business decisions while prioritizing efforts vs. available resources.
- Link industry trends and global factors to deliver cross functional projects and insights that address C-level issues.
- This position has exposure to and requires the ability to work with and relate to all levels of the organization including senior management, other units within the GEB group, MetLife Regions and enterprise functions.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 5 + years of business writing experience for internal and external executives at all levels.
- 5+ years of experience researching using internal and external sources (e.g. Bloomberg, Capital IQ).
- 5+ years of experience in the financial services, insurance operations, consulting, or related industries.
- Master's degree (preferred).
- Strong writing skills and ability to present recommendations into a concise format to executive leaders (preferred).
- Proven ability and strong affinity for linking and manipulating disparate data sources into actionable business information (preferred).
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous experience working in a complex highly matrix organization.
- Highly organized with the ability to be highly adaptable, flexible, and hands-on.
- Proven strong organization experience.
Global Employee Benefits
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 87661
To apply to this job, click the below link or copy/paste into your browser to be taken directly to the MetLife careers site, where you will click the green apply button