Performance & Analytics Client Service Consultant
In Performance & Analytics, a division within State Street Global Services, we consider people our greatest asset. Our investment professionals are working directly with some of the largest, most complex pension plan sponsors and asset managers in the world. As a strategic partner to our clients, we are providing valuable insight into their investment strategies through our comprehensive suite of products and services specifically developed to meet their performance measurement and analysis needs. We employ over 600 people globally with North America locations in Boston, Toronto, San Francisco and Sacramento. We thrive to maintain a culturally diverse workforce who are engaged and feel empowered to make a difference.
Global mobility is important to us and by joining the Performance & Analytics department, you will not only be a member of our team, you will also be part of the larger State Street family. With more than 32,000 employees across 30 countries, at State Street, we recognize that highly skilled, engaged and productive employees are essential to our success. Our company values reflect our commitment to employee engagement, Global Inclusion and corporate social responsibility - to help you build a fulfilling career. Around the world, we aim to be an employer of choice by offering competitive compensation and benefits, personal and professional development opportunities, and a work environment that promotes a diverse array of people, ideas and skills. We're a company that insists on, and rewards, performance excellence. We know our success hinges on attracting the best people to join us - people like you.
We are excited to be rapidly growing our Performance & Analytics business in California with career opportunities in both our San Francisco and Sacramento offices. We are looking for top tier talent to join our Performance and Analytics team and collaborate with some of North America’s largest institutional organizations. You will work with and directly service investment staff on their performance product suite. You will engage with clients and other State Street teams to define ongoing plan structure changes, review and interpret results and optimize the use of online data tools. You will add value through client level data reviews and proactively make recommendations on best practices and policies to ensure acceptable industry practices and minimal risk.
- Direct ownership or shared responsibility for client satisfaction and management of Client Service Level Agreements
- Lead client discussions on conference calls and visits addressing their performance needs, such as explaining differences in performance methodologies and calculations, available reporting options, product capabilities, billing and scenario analysis among other topics.
- Provide feedback to clients on best practices compared to their peer groups and other institutional clients
- Value add review in the client reporting and data cycle
- Champion client facing technology and make recommendations to maximize efficiencies. Train clients on the online tools.
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure proper metrics are achieved and put remediation plans into place to make necessary improvements.
- Communicate, manage, execute, monitor and review change management (new funds-aggregations-indices-investment structure, etc.).
Required Skills and Success Criteria
- BS/BA in accounting, finance or economics related area
- CFA / CIPM or MBA preferred
- 5-10 years of investment performance analysis experience or equivalent
- Outstanding consultative, critical thinking and analytical skills with ability to operate strategically and build effective partnerships across multiple stakeholder groups
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to thrive in a fast pace, constantly changing environment; can adapt plans due to changes in priorities, clients’ objectives