Real Estate Development & Investment Internship (MBA)
EDENS is a $6 billion private real estate investment company focused on the acquisition, development, redevelopment, management, leasing and disposition of institutional-quality, primarily grocery-anchored retail properties in select high-barrier-to-entry and/or high-growth major metropolitan markets on the East Coast and in Texas.
Our reputation is built on crafting innovative concepts, curating an inspiring mix of merchants, delivering seamless construction projects and enriching the neighborhoods we serve. EDENS creates inspiring, energizing centers that shape the future of their communities. With a 50-year track record, ownership of approximately 125 shopping centers and an active pipeline of developments, redevelopments and opportunistic acquisitions, EDENS is one of the nation’s leading private retail real estate companies.
EDENS is headquartered in Washington, DC with regional teams based in Boston, Atlanta, Houston, Miami and Columbia, SC. These teams include local market expertise spanning the disciplines of development, investments / acquisitions, construction, leasing and property management. Backed by long-term blue-chip investors and supported by a strong balance sheet and a sophisticated and flexible capital structure, EDENS has the financial muscle and agility to execute its business plan and invest opportunistically.
EDENS is seeking highly motivated candidates with a passion for retail real estate to join us for our MBA internship program. This eight-to-ten week program is designed to provide broad exposure to key areas within the retail real estate industry including hands-on, project-based experience. Interns will complete assigned projects alongside executives within the Development and Investments disciplines. For summer 2018, the MBA internships will be offered in EDENS Boston, Washington, D.C. and Atlanta regional offices.
During the program, MBA Interns will be exposed to:
- Sourcing acquisitions
- Evaluating development opportunities
- Market research and analysis
- Development and redevelopment entitlement process
- Development and construction management
- Portfolio and individual property value maximization strategy
- Leasing, merchandising and design strategy
- Property-level sustainability strategy and initiatives
The specific program will be finalized based on the needs in each regional office and the interest and skillset of the candidates, but will include exposure to some or all of the following:
- Introduction to EDENS
- Company and industry overviews
- Tours of EDENS regional properties
- Lunch ‘n Learn series with senior executives
- Shadowing opportunities with leaders in Development, Investments, Leasing, Construction and Property Operations
- The Development group has overall responsibility for sourcing, entitlement, design, leasing, merchandising and construction management of new developments and redevelopments.
- The Investments group is responsible for driving value and managing the portfolio composition through property acquisitions and dispositions, as well as strategically driving NOI growth, and occupancy.
- Property Operations
- The Property Operations group is responsible for facilities and tenant management within the operating property portfolio, as well as environmental initiatives.
The internship experience will culminate with a final deliverable that is presented to EDENS leadership.
- Completion of the first year of an on-going two-year MBA curriculum
- Interest in the retail real estate industry
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated, capable of effective independent judgment
- Attention to detail, organized, able to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong aptitude with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
Please reach out to Sarah McCormick, Assistant HR Generalist, with any questions:
email@example.com or 803-744-6783