RESEARCH ANALYST – LARGE COMPANY GROWTH
Founded in 1979, Polen Capital is a global investment management firm advising over $17 billion in assets and providing high value-added quality growth investment strategies to sophisticated clients around the world. The Firm seeks to attract, develop, and retain exceptional professionals who are committed to our goal of preserving and growing our clients’ assets to protect their present and enable their future. Polen Capital has two autonomous investment teams that oversee a global equities universe of high-quality growth companies. Our Boca Raton, Florida-based (HQ) Large Company Growth team, manages three large company strategies; Focus Growth, Global Growth, and International Growth. Our Boston Massachusetts-based Small Company Growth team, manages our U.S. Small Company Growth strategy. Polen Capital’s strategies are offered through various investment vehicles to accommodate a broad range of client mandates. Polen Capital benefits from significant, broad-based employee ownership.
- Polen Capital is a growth company – Over the past five years Polen Capital has experienced significant growth becoming a leader in active growth management. As such, as a member of the Large Company team, the Analyst will be part of the team supporting the firm’s flagship Focus Growth strategy as well as its newer Global Growth and International Growth strategies.
- Meritocracy environment – Polen Capital prides itself on being a pure meritocracy company allowing exceptional employees to be rewarded for exceptional work.
- Entrepreneurial setting – Although the Company has over 45 employees and has been in business for 30+ years, it continues to grow year over year therefore giving the Analyst a unique opportunity to build and shape an enterprise with a highly skilled, tight knit global leadership team.
Polen Capital is seeking an Analyst for the Large Company Growth team based in our Boca Raton, FL office. The Analyst will work with a highly skilled and experienced team and will be responsible for research and recommendations compatible with the Polen Capital Large Company philosophy. Polen Capital has employed a high-quality, concentrated and low-turnover approach for nearly 30 years. The Analyst will work as a member of a highly collaborative team.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Be able to collaborate and communicate effectively inside a very tight-knit and integrated research team
- Research and recommend companies for 3 Large Company portfolios that fit within the time-tested Polen Capital philosophy. There is no geographic or industry specialization for analyst coverage. Each portfolio holds only 20-30 positions.
- Provide intensive on-going research on businesses already owned in the portfolio
- Be able to clearly articulate an investment thesis for both potential purchases and sales of portfolio companies
- Be able to interview management teams as part of the research process
- Collaborate with the Distribution Team to help promote the Polen Capital and its Large Company strategies to clients and prospective clients
- Have a long-term vision and commitment to the investment strategy, the team, and the firm
- 3-5 years of equity research or other relevant experience
- 3-5 years of business experience outside of the investment industry
- A client first mindset
- Bachelor’s degree. Graduate degree preferred
- Certified Financial Analyst (CFA) designation preferred
- High standards of personal integrity and accuracy
- Effective oral and written communication skills and strong analytical skills
- U.S. Permanent Work Authorization (Required)