Private Equity -Senior-Associate/Vice President
Exaltare is an operationally-oriented Private Equity firm focused on the lower middle market investing out of its first institutional fund. The firm is led by two MDs with decades of direct PE experience from top-quartile funds.
The Senior Associate/VP (“New Hire”) will be responsible for analytical, quantitative and general diligence support. The ideal candidate would be interested in assuming increasing level of responsibility and play an active part in helping to build a growing firm. The New Hire will also serve as critical member of a 4 (now 3) person team contributing to all aspects of the investment process including deal evaluation, structuring, financing and closing as well as portfolio monitoring.
The ideal person for this job will be analytically rigorous, quantitatively strong, and able to synthesize, cleanse and quality control subjective and objective data into actionable information. The New Hire will be an effective communicator, able to work with the deal team, management teams, lenders and intermediaries. He or she should be a detailed-oriented, organized, self-starter excited about working in a small, entrepreneurial, performance-oriented culture.
- Organize, analyze and summarize granular financial and operating data, while able to understand and communicate the “so what” or key takeaways in a timely manner
- Proactive and consistent communication with business brokers, intermediaries and other deal sources to generate deal flow, get information and positively influence deal outcomes
- Read, analyze and diligence Confidential Investment Memorandum, industry reports and financial information to screen and hone in on most attractive investment opportunities
- Creative, efficient and proactive sourcing of information to better understand business models, industry trends, and financial performance
- Writing and presenting 1-pagers, Investment Summaries and financial analysis to internal team, and at times to management teams, lenders and co-investors
- Portfolio company support including financing, add-on acquisitions and performance assessment
- Undergraduate degree (graduate degree a plus) with top-quartile GPA & SAT/GMAT
- Work experience in analytically rigorous environment (e.g. PE, Hedge Fund, Leveraged Lending, Investment Banking, Transaction Services/Accounting, Corporate FP&A)
- Transaction experience and/or exposure as well as investing experience/acumen
- Superior communication skills
- Strong Proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent attention to detail
- Passion for private investing and supporting business building process
- Solid interpersonal skills with ability to work with wide range of personalities and professionals
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. A modeling test and case study will be a part of evaluation process.
If interested please forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org