Senior Manager Solutions Structuring – Global Trade and Receivables Finance:0000A39P
The role holder is responsible for generating sales through New To Bank or New to GTRF clients. They find and assess an opportunity within the marketplace (even where there doesn't appear to be one) and match the solution within the GTRF offering that meets specific needs.
They also develop new revenue streams by actively finding identifying new customers and selling innovative GTRF solutions thus maximizing commercial profitability. This will include responsibility for pricing to ensure that the threshold returns are met, reviewing and negotiating the full range of GTRF services together with effecting any cost reduction initiatives required by the Group.
They are recognized as the GTRF specialist with an ability to display in-depth knowledge and understand the risk profile of relevant products and services with the jobholders area of responsibility, and act as the senior sales representatives on opportunities with key clients and/or deals.
Drives best practice in lending and risk policies ensuring this remains in line with economic and market practices.
Impact on the Business
- Maximises revenue growth through business development sales
- Develop effective strategies for winning new clients in order to generate new income for the Group. Identify new sales opportunities in the form of new to bank or new to GTRF alongside Relationship Managers
- Achieve the profitability hurdle rate as defined by Customer Groups
- Manage pipeline of new customers and follow end to end sales process as defined by Business Development Transformation
- Work closely with sales colleagues to promote awareness of GTRF products, strategies and competitor information amongst the RM and other strategic business communities.
- Maintain awareness of the applicable regulatory and business environment: understand audit, tax and legal implications and changes as they affect the customers and the Bank and provide necessary guidance to customers wherever required
- Execute a robust sales plan to target new customers including effective closure of pipeline deals to capture revenue
- Support development, direction and delivery of strategic initiatives through e.g.: detailed call reports, meetings attended, monitoring and management of deal pipeline GTRF modules etc. and the quality of solutions and presentations
Customers / Stakeholders
- Develop an appropriate calling plan to efficiently and effectively achieve goals and objectives. Through consultative selling, design and implement workable, innovative solutions for customers individual needs plus generate and receive quality referrals for/from other parts of the Group
- Where appropriate undertake professional presentations etc. to customers in support of potential opportunities portraying HSBC in the best possible light against a backdrop of competition from local, regional and/or global banks.
- Maintain and enhance the image of HSBC through the planning and execution of conferences, industry sector days, internal & external client road shows, active participation in industry associations and other such suitable events.
- Maintain close liaison with intra country, intra region and cross regional colleagues/stakeholders so as to provide input into the strategic direction of Sales, Product and Client Management functions and to the overall direction of GTRF regional and global business.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Be a team player. Motivate and guide team members and colleagues in order that they perform their roles to the best of their abilities.
- Lead by example by demonstrating excellence in sales and following end to end sales process as defined internally
- Cultivate an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC culture. Be an ambassador for the Bank
- To manage own performance and self-development
- Keep management informed of progress/obstacles towards sales targets
- Manage stakeholder perceptions in order to enhance GTRFs image as a critical product partner
- Manage stakeholder perceptions in order to enhance GTRFs image as a critical product partner
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Ensure compliance monitoring is in place in accordance with HSBC and regulatory standards
- Ensure all sales activity documentation is complete to provide performance tracking and targeting future sales efforts
- Continually assess the Sales processes to identify improvements
- Keep Team leader informed of any obstacles, issues etc.
- Compliance with and management of sales suitability risks and requirements
- Ensure all completed sales and prospecting activity documentation is appropriately completed, approved and stored to provide performance tracking, targeted future sales efforts and compliance with sales and transactional suitability guidelines and requirements
- To implement the Group compliance policy locally by containing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Global Business Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources and training, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned
- Immediate requirement to find new customers by establishing contact with Key Decision Makers of prospective customers
- Immediate impact to drive sales and meet consistent operational model
- Managing multiple time sensitive tasks
- Constantly evaluate:
- Customer banking practices and trends in the market
- GTRF systems and techniques employed
- The competitive market place.
- Adapting to a fast pace work environment and continually changing lines of communication, technological advances etc.
- Ensuring RM community is sufficiently knowledgeable with GTRF products/services/ regulation and having confidence they are able to continually apply this knowledge to their client base
- GTRF is a key strategic business for the HSBC Group under CMB and its history is mixed with almost 150 years of Group history. HSBC is recognized worldwide as “the World's leading and largest trade bank and a Leading player in the receivables finance market” and its global leadership is unquestionable.
- Through capitalizing on the Group’s international network and on the regional expertise, GTRF [regions name] not only consistently holds an important status internally as a reliable and relevant income generator as well externally receiving formal market recognition.
- The Group has defined International Trade as the highest priority area to explore business opportunities for next years, engaging all levels in the organization to position HSBC as the primary provider for Corporate clients for their international needs worldwide.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the GTRF business and takes a long term view of expected changes
- To look for new sales opportunities, increase wallet share and generally ensure the performance of the client
- Ensure client satisfaction including identifying and dealing with actual or potential business or relationship risks
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues., The physical demands/work environment described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Physical Demands/Work Environment: Very good working conditions. Little or no physical demands. Minimal handling of light materials.The physical demands/work environment described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation.
- The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology. Additionally they will ensure they effectively manage sales suitability, money laundering, counter terrorist financing, fraud, and reputational risk.
- This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring. Also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply. Job holder must assure that all transactions follow Group Compliance guidance, particularly related to KYC aspects, which together with RMs must be in place and update for GTRF matters
- This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators
- Extensive knowledge of global trade and receivables finance, services, products and techniques.
- Extensive knowledge of the market & market trends, competitive environment and regulatory environment.
- Detailed knowledge of GTRF back and front office area
- Detailed knowledge if Credit & Risk including techniques to mitigate risk
- Broad knowledge of HSBC Group companies and product ranges
- Sales & Client Management experience at a senior level including dealing with senior executives plus a proven sales record
- Proven ability in identifying and meeting customer needs through matching a broad range of products and services
- Strong credit assessment skills, particularly with regard to more complex and structured facilities with an international dimension
- Proven ability to deliver creative and flexible customer solutions.
- Ability to understand a customers business and the fundamentals of running a business
- Good level of business acumen and commercial awareness, including economic, cultural, procedural and regulatory issues
- Ability to interact with business customers at all levels
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent time management, planning and organisation skills
- Excellent range of communication skills, including written, verbal, and the ability to deliver compelling presentations
- Strong analytical skills
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- GTRF related industry qualifications
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Toigo Foundation. If you would like to notify HSBC’s Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail email@example.com.