Research Manager, Office of the CEO
Vista is seeking to hire an experienced professional to join the Office of the CEO to support the CEO and Chief of Staff on research projects related to strategic initiatives for the company, industry trends and potential policy positions. The Research Manager will provide them with the best possible information drawn from all parts of the Vista ecosystem while delivering best-in-class service to internal and external stakeholders. This role will lead and present research, analysis, and call/meeting/event briefings and is responsible for preparing thorough and concise daily meeting briefings for the CEO. The role will work in the middle of the action partnering with business and operations executives on analyses, research, and memoranda, including strategic narratives, financial models, Q&A, and everything in between. The successful candidate knows how to navigate a continuously fluid and unpredictable environment with patience, attention to detail, and good cheer. They are forward-thinking and have demonstrated the ability to look ahead and anticipate questions and solutions.
This role is based in New York, NY or Austin, TX and is for an immediate start.
- Research and analysis for the CEO and Chief of Staff, in consultation with internal stakeholders
- Organizing information and information flow across the CEO’s ecosystem
- Keep the Office of the CEO on track with key meetings and discussions, to ensure adequate, regular, and high-quality follow-up
- Engagement with external stakeholders as needed
- As needed involvement in projects
- Master’s Degree or equivalent experience, ideally in business and/or policy
- Experience working in a Deputy or Staff Secretary role preferred
- A basic understanding of alternative assets, private investing and/or technology trends
- Strong business acumen and learning agility to quickly absorb new projects and workstreams, even in unfamiliar fields
- Strong sense of urgency, adaptability, flexibility and resourcefulness.
- Strong quantitative, financial and analytical skills – with the ability to build, critique and refine basic financial models quickly and accurately
- Outstanding verbal and written communication and presentation skills, including high proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- An extremely high level of professionalism and cultural sensitivity
- A relentlessly optimistic, can-do attitude
Vista Equity Partners is a U.S.-based investment firm with offices in Austin, Chicago, New York City, Oakland, and San Francisco with more than $57 billion in cumulative capital commitments. Vista exclusively invests in software, data, and technology-enabled organizations led by world-class management teams. As a value-added investor with a long-term perspective, Vista contributes professional expertise and multi-level support towards companies to realize their full potential. Vista’s investment approach is anchored by a sizable long-term capital base, experience in structuring technology-oriented transactions, and proven management techniques that yield flexibility and opportunity.