PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION: Oversee and maintain comprehensive accounting records for individual, trust, foundation and partnership accounts.
1. Acts as a team player by partnering with, and providing leadership to, others in the department to ensure accurate and up-to-date client records as needed for client accounting and financial reporting.
2. Effectively partners with departments across FCI as needed for complex investment accounting, trust administration and tax issues and while meeting quality controls and regulatory requirements.
3. Leads by example to assist in effectively accomplishing team and company initiatives.
1. Accountability & Dependability: takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work, works well under pressure and within tight deadlines, maintains an appropriate sense of urgency with competing priorities, and achieves results with little oversight; takes ownership.
2. Communication Skills: solid written & verbal communication skills and ability to effectively work across all levels of the organization and with various personality types.
3. Creativity and Innovation: thinks outside the box, brainstorms for new ideas, understands the necessity of innovation, experiments with new ideas, looks beyond the “tried and true” for alternative solutions, and enjoys being part of the creative process.
4. Critical Thinking: ability to analyze situations, solve problems, think critically, create and make improvements.
5. Decision Making & Judgment: makes timely, informed decisions that take into account the facts, goals, constraints and risks.
6. Initiative: demonstrated ability to take initiative, challenge the status quo and effect change without compromising integrity or quality.
7. Organized: approaches the job in an organized and disciplined manner.
8. Relationship Building: values relationships, protects confidential information, treats others with respect, appreciates differences in others, volunteers and participates in company events, and builds bridges to bring people together.
9. Teamwork: gains consensus before moving forward, shares recognition and achievement, provides ongoing communication, is committed to the goals & objectives, and takes pride in the team.
10. Technical Knowledge: leverages knowledge and experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Oversee accounting and other client records, maintaining excellence in quality standards.
2. Maintain accurate and up-to-date files of accounting data as needed to meet regulatory, audit and compliance requirements.
3. Demonstrated intermediate to advanced Excel skills required. Ability to quickly learn and utilize other technology systems (Archway Platform, Salesforce, etc.)
4. Excellent communication skills and ability to work across all levels of the organization – ability to effectively lead up, down and across.
5. Understanding of how transaction processing and valuation methodologies can affect accounting, pricing and performance relationships and client reporting.
6. Generate ideas for and participate in continuous process improvement initiatives; constructively challenge process effectiveness and efficiency without compromising data integrity or quality standards.
7. Research and resolve complex reconciliation issues between internal and external client account records, identify trends, proactively identify and recommend solutions.
8. Process, or provide leadership to others as needed to process, complex transactions in client accounting records.
9. Complete stock transfer instructions, confirm selected lots, and confirm charitable delivery instructions within required time frames.
10. Monitor and maintain appropriate levels of collateral in client accounts.
11. Research, analyze and record corporate action events in client accounts.
12. Research and resolve performance and private equity returns – including routine validation and ongoing as needed to support performance verification and validation.
13. Demonstrated understanding of FCI’s fiduciary duty as a SEC registered investment advisor and willingness to learn more as needed to support these duties. Participate in company projects and initiatives as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s Degree required in accounting or finance.
2. Minimum 5 years related experience in a professional and fast paced environment, preferably in the investment management industry and/or dealing with investable assets.
3. Experience with financial software, word processing, data entry and/or spreadsheet applications required.
ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
1. Sitting, talking at a moderate volume level, hearing, fingering/grasping constantly
2. Standing, walking, reaching frequently
3. Bending, stooping, kneeling, and crouching as necessary to facilitate filing
4. Lifting up to 10 pounds occasionally
5. Operating audio visual devices and standard office equipment, such as computers, telephones, fax machines, and photocopiers
6. Typing and entering data on a computer at a speed necessary for successful job performance
7. Looking at computer screen regularly
8. Organizing and sorting correspondence and other documents
9. Quiet, professional, results-oriented office environment
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of essential job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent that such modification is medically necessary and does not cause an undue hardship. For more information on how to request an accommodation, please see the “Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and ADAAA Amendment Act” policy in FCI’s Employee Handbook.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.