AMD, GSAM, Regional Consultant, Associate – Chicago
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the world's leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today's dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world's leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Are you a dynamic, quick-thinking self-starter with a real passion for the financial markets, exceptional interpersonal skills and interest in a career in sales? We are looking for a professional with strong communication skills who has the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and successfully increase the sale of GSAM products by connecting with Financial Advisors. The Regional Consultant (internal wholesaler) position is a fast paced, challenging sales role for self-motivated and driven sales professionals.
Regional Consultants sit within our Independent Advisor Channel (IAC) and Investment Consulting Group (ICG) teams, which are responsible for expanding GSAM's investment management presence by building relationships with Chief Investment Officers (CIOs), research analysts, portfolio managers, consultants and investment advisors. We achieve this through offering world class portfolio management, superior thought leadership tools, and pre-eminent client service for our advisors and investors.
As part of IAC and ICG, Regional Consultants are dedicated to increasing the sale and awareness of GSAM products including mutual funds, ETFs, private alternatives and separately managed accounts. Regional Consultants accomplish this through telephone presentations, virtual Zoom meetings and email correspondence.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
Job Summary & Responsibilities
- Conduct proactive telephone and virtual sales presentations to top tier clients and prospects, highlighting the GSAM products and value proposition with the ultimate goal of raising capital in our investment strategies.
- Partner with Regional Directors (external wholesalers) to manage an assigned territory within the U.S., driving sales and assets through execution of a defined territory plan and sales process
- Build strong relationships with advisors primarily through telephone interaction (limited travel to client sites)
- Effectively profile advisors to understand their practice, clients and investment process so that we can better identify and meet their needs as well as position Goldman Sachs products / services
- Provide portfolio construction and practice management support to Financial Advisors, helping them strengthen their client relationships and grow their business
- Execute consistent follow up with advisors to advance the sales process and deepen advisor relationships
- Demonstrate organized, efficient and effective territory management and sales skills on a consistent basis
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- At least 2 years’ successful sales experience
- General financial service industry experience
- Strong understanding of the Asset Management space and the public markets
- Bachelor's degree
- Series 7 and Series 63 licensed or obtained within 3 months of joining
- Excellent interpersonal s ills and ability to work efficiently with others
- Commercially oriented
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills
- Project management skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity