Analyst, Asset Management
Harrison Street is a leading investment management firm exclusively focused on alternative real assets. Since inception in 2005, the Firm has created a series of differentiated investment solutions focused on demographic-driven, needs-based assets. The Firm has invested across senior housing, student housing, healthcare delivery, life sciences and storage real estate as well as social and utility infrastructure. Our experience spans investments on or near 180 universities and deep relationships with 30 top healthcare systems and 50 best-in-class operating partners. The Firm has more than 195 employees and approximately $32.1 billion in assets under management. Harrison Street has acquired or developed 1,148 properties in 7 countries that equate to approximately $40 billion in gross real estate cost. We continue to innovate with this unrivaled network throughout North America and Europe.
Harrison Street is seeking to hire an entry level Analyst within the Asset Management group. Candidates should possess broad-based analytical skills, strong understanding of Excel and PowerPoint, superior communication skills, and proven research skills. The individual must be able to efficiently allocate time between multiple tasks, changing priorities, tight deadlines and provide analytical support for multiple people within Asset Management.
Position Description: Provide analytical support, oversight and management of a portfolio of investment grade commercial real estate properties. Specific duties will include:
- Prepare quarterly and annual investor reporting material;
- Assist in managing relationships with existing operating partners;
- Review monthly financial performance and budgets;
- Model buy/sell/refinance scenarios;
- Model fund level performance;
- Review and analyze lease transactions;
- Monitor capital improvements;
- Oversight of property operations including property management and leasing terms;
- Participate in the annual business plan and valuation process;
- Property due diligence and accounts receivable monitoring;
- Assist in the recruiting and training of all new employees;
- Bachelor’s degree – Real Estate and Finance concentrations preferred;
- 2+ years of applicable work or internship experience
- Core knowledge of real estate principles, finance and accounting;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to draw conclusions from research and data analysis and communicate them effectively;
- Thorough understanding of real estate valuation software (Excel at minimum - Argus preferred);
- Highly motivated, organized, and self-directed individual eager to learn all facets of asset management.
To Apply: Visit www.harrisonst.com/careers or apply here.
Harrison Street is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions, please contact our ADA Accessible Line at (312) 920-0500 or email@example.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
Harrison Street does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Harrison Street will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Harrison Street.