Analyst , Impact Investing & Verification
Experience level: Early-career (0-3 years post-Bachelor’s degree work experience or equivalent)
Location: Remote (USA or UK based applicants)
Compensation/Benefits: $60,000-$75,000 salary range, 401(k), Health Vision and Dental Benefits; PTO; Every other week is a 4-day workweek.
PLEASE CLICK THIS LINK TO APPLY: https://app.beapplied.com/apply/f2xxc0q31w?utm_source=[TOIGO]
BlueMark, a Tideline company and certified B-Corp, is a leading provider of independent impact verification services for investors and companies. Our mission is to strengthen trust in impact investing by delivering independent, incisive verification services, enabling the market to scale with integrity. We evaluate and verify how clients approach the impact in impact investing based on accepted industry standards. Our services are designed to meet the growing investor demand and market expectation for greater confidence and credibility in the impact label, especially as impact claims are more closely scrutinized by a range of stakeholders.
About the position:
This is a unique opportunity for an early-career individual to gain exposure to impact investing. The Analyst will gain diverse experience playing an important role in BlueMark’s impact verification services, through executing research and analysis, producing materials, and supporting project coordination and management, among other responsibilities.
We have employees all over the country and welcome candidates who are fully remote for this role.
● Performing research and analysis related to client projects, including review and analysis of client documentation, summaries of findings, participation in client interviews, etc.
● Developing client materials, including PowerPoint presentations and written reports
● Leading scheduling and supporting project and client management for projects
● Contributing to team meetings, brainstorming, and project planning
The ideal candidate has a collaborative disposition; is analytical and driven to learn; is exceptionally well-organized with an eye for detail; communicates well; and is committed to advancing social and environmental outcomes. Every member of the team embodies our firm’s values: excellence, commitment, and openness.
Minimum qualifications include:
● Bachelor’s degree
● Strong written and oral communication skills
● Ability to think critically and analytically
● Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative, sound judgment, and discretion
● Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
● Sense of humor and self-awareness
● Ability to manage multiple tasks with high attention to detail and organization
● Adept at using Microsoft Office and Google Suite
Although not required, preferred qualifications include:
● Knowledge of impact investing, finance, and/or philanthropy
● Knowledge of impact measurement and management
● Experience in consulting, impact investing, finance, philanthropy, and/or research
● Strong design sensibilities
● 0-2 years post-Bachelor's degree work experience or equivalent
Hiring Process FAQs:
- What are some of the benefits and perks?
- Every other week is a 4 day work week!
- A professional development stipend is available for every employee to use towards improving their expertise and soft skills.
- Beyond providing a work laptop, we have a “Work From Home” stipend available for employees to help make their home working space better.
- Retreats: We hold retreats every year where team members get together in a beautiful location to brainstorm and just have a fun time.
- We close the office for the last week of December so everyone can enjoy time with family and friends during the holiday season.
- As an analyst, you will be directly influencing the decisions of some of the largest institutions in the world. Since we are a small team, you will be in direct contact with institutional decision-makers who are trying to create large-scale social and environmental change through investments.
- What’s your policy on remote work?
- We embrace team members’ flexibility to work remotely. For cities that have more than 4 employees, we encourage the team to meet at least once a week, but it is not required.
- What will the hiring process look like?
- Looking for a new job can be a daunting experience. Our approach is based in empathy and a desire for candidates to have a good experience. We want to give everyone an opportunity to display their strengths through their answers to our questions.
- Hiring Process: Our timeline from application close date to decision typically takes ~4 -5 weeks. Below are the steps week by week:
- Week 1 -2: Applications are blind reviewed: Our process is designed to remove bias by having your application answers randomly assigned to our team for review. Two team members score the responses based on a set of guidelines. The candidates with the highest average scores get invited to the interview round. We do not look at resumes and we do not know whose answers we are scoring. We embrace a diversity of working styles and backgrounds and believe that limiting applications to resumes fails to capture the full potential of an individual.
- Week 2-3 Behavioral Interview - The first interview is a 45-minute structured interview with non-senior team members.
- Week 3-4 Senior Management Interview: The candidates with the highest average scores from the first round interview are invited to a second structured interview with Senior Management.
- Week 4-5 Decision / Potential Partner Interview: Usually, following the senior management interview, we will have a hiring decision made. However, we may opt for scheduling one more interview for the highest-scoring candidates.
- How would you describe your culture?
- Collaborative, inclusive, passionate, and fun. We encourage all team members to be their full selves at work. As a relatively small team, there are a lot of opportunities to have your voice heard. Our structure is relatively flat, and you are able to influence decisions, processes, and policies even as an analyst.
- What’s your commitment to DEI to life in culture and workplace?
- We have an internal DE&I working group that is committed to improving BlueMark’s practices, culture, and employee experience. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are core tenets of our culture and we place a heavy emphasis on constantly learning and improving our own understanding of what that means for our business. At BlueMark, we believe that compassion, equity, diversity, and inclusion are fundamental to our success. Our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion manifests in three key ways:
The mission and vision of BlueMark
Our firm’s vision of shared, sustainable prosperity is inseparably rooted in the credo of a diverse, equitable, and inclusive world.
How we conduct ourselves as an employer
BlueMark is an equal opportunity employer, and we value the unique contributions of each of our team members. Through our hiring, mentoring, and managing, we encourage our team to bring their full selves and individuality to Tideline’s work.
How we use our influence
In our work with clients, we strive to be an enabling force in the equitable distribution of wealth, opportunities, and privileges within our society.