Assistant Vice President, Private Debt Business Development
PGIM, the global investment management business of Prudential Financial, Inc. (NYSE), is one of the largest real estate investment managers in the world, with more than $168.4 billion in combined gross assets under management and administration across its PGIM Real Estate and PGIM Real Estate Finance businesses, as of December 31, 2018.
PGIM Real Estate offers to its global client base a broad range of real estate equity, debt, and securities investment strategies that span the risk/return spectrum.
PGIM Real Estate Finance is an international full-service, commercial and multifamily mortgage finance business. The company offers one of the most comprehensive lines of real estate finance products and originates loans for Fannie Mae DUS®, Freddie Mac and specialized affordable housing programs; FHA; Prudential’s general account; and other institutional investors.
PGIM Real Estate is seeking an Assistant Vice President for their Business Development team based in New York. Reporting to the Executive Director of Business Development for Private Debt this person will be responsible for supporting PGIM Real Estate’s institutional business development activities targeted to private debt investors.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Work with the Executive Director of Business Development for Private Debt to support institutional marketing efforts by conducting market research and analysis, developing client content and participating in client meetings and pitches.
• Developing a target universe of private debt investors and consultants and helping to further the Business Development team’s understanding of private debt investors’ needs to effectively develop and/or position PGIM Real Estate debt products.
• Contributing towards the development and production of client materials, including but not limited to pitch books, RFPs and RFI’s targeted to private debt investors as well as the coordination of client events.
• Actively participate in client meetings and sales pitches; oversee due diligence and client onboarding process.
• Partner with Client Services to oversee the distribution of client communications and portfolio reports to clients and prospects on a regular basis.
• Oversee client and prospect communication database and ensure timely delivery of materials.
• Assist with a variety of special projects.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a fixed income investment or institutional sales organization, experience with private debt or real estate a plus.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal.
• A high degree of professionalism, strong work ethic, and relationship building skills.
• Proactive, self-motivated, good judgment, attention to detail, and deadline driven.
• Outstanding customer service skills.
• Excellent partnering skills -- must be a team player.
• Excellent multi-tasking capabilities.
• Positive, "can-do" approach to work.
• Excellent organization and project management skills.
• Discretion required in handling highly sensitive and confidential information.