At Allianz Global Investors our people enjoy motivating, fulfilling careers. If you are looking for a fast-paced working environment, you are resolved to cultivate and expand your talents and relish a challenge, then join us now! We are committed to giving our people – experienced and energetic professionals alike – the opportunities and experiences they seek to thrive and gain personal fulfilment. We will work with you to craft your own career, develop your personal growth, and align your achievements with your ambitions.
We are currently seeking an Associate Analyst to generate fundamental company research consistent with team philosophy and looking for someone with mastery of analysis tools. It will focus on new idea generation fundamental research, company monitoring, and review of credits. Additionally, it will focus on high yield bonds, leveraged loans and investment grade credit. The role will be based in San Diego.
- Build and maintain cash flow models and the independent scoring of credits
- Produce recommendations for team using established process
- Gather and assemble information for the analysis of companies using both subjective and quantitative tools
- Utilize both internal and external research sources
- Daily monitoring and review of research news flow and industries
- Maintain network of relationships with brokers and analysts
- Progressive opportunities to market strategy to internal employees and prospects
Experience / Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor degree in Business, Finance, Economics or related field
CFA Charterholder or minimum completion of Level I
- Minimum of 3 years of financial or investment research experience
- Experience with MS Word and Excel
- Investment software applications
- Experience in accounting and financial statement analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Role is 100% based in office
- Minimal travel up to 10%
Preferred: Experience with Bloomberg
Success criteria: High degree of motivation and initiative & capacity to work well in a team environment
About Allianz Global Investors
Allianz Global Investors is a leading active asset manager with over 700 investment professionals in 23 offices worldwide and managing EUR 673 billion in assets. We invest for the long term and seek to generate value for clients every step of the way. We do this by being active – in how we partner with clients and anticipate their changing needs, and build solutions based on capabilities across public and private markets. Our focus on protecting and enhancing our clients’ assets leads naturally to a commitment to sustainability to drive positive change. Our goal is to elevate the investment experience for clients, whatever their location or objectives. Putting our clients' needs first, behaving in an open and transparent way and treating people fairly means acting with integrity. We respect difference and diversity and reward individual performance as well as teamwork. We offer a collegial culture based on strong values, taking individual responsibility, and dedication to mastering challenging tasks. To harness the power of innovation, we invest in the development of our employees. We encourage you to make an impact in a diverse, international, technology-enabled, and increasingly agile environment. If you feel inspired to elevate the active asset management experience, this is the place for you.
We are committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing assistance to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need support to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Allianz Global Investors is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to an individual’s race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin or disability. Allianz Global Investors hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.