Callan was founded as an employee-owned investment consulting firm in 1973. Ever since, we have empowered institutional clients with creative, customized investment solutions backed by proprietary research, exclusive data, and ongoing education. Today, Callan advises on more than $2 trillion in total fund sponsor assets, which makes it among the largest independently owned investment consulting firms in the U.S. We use a client-focused consulting model to serve pension and defined contribution plan sponsors, endowments, foundations, independent investment advisers, investment managers, and other asset owners. Callan has six offices throughout the U.S.
Further information regarding Callan can be found on our website at www.callan.com.
About the Position
The Institutional Consulting Group (ICG), located in Callan’s Chicago office, is seeking an additional team member to support the group’s research and education initiatives. Responsibilities of the ICG Associate Consultant will include:
- Working with Callan database, research specialists and ICG consultants to collect and organize data for quarterly research publications.
- Working with Callan research specialists to assist in writing commentary included in quarterly research publications.
- Work with colleagues in the ICG group to continuously improve research and the research products provided to investment manager clients.
- Using Callan performance analytics tools to produce reports for clients
- Responding to client questions by telephone and email as well as in on-site meetings.
- Engaging in an on-going process of learning about the institutional investment marketplace, the investment strategies offered by investment firms and the needs of institutional investors.
- Analytical capabilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to master knowledge of and use of Callan’s proprietary programs and systems
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows and programs (primarily MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access and MS Word)
- Familiarity with Salesforce and Pardot, a plus
- Some investment knowledge and background
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Proactive, resourceful, and results-oriented
- Must have ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Ability to work in an unstructured environment and manage multiple projects with varying deadlines
- Ongoing desire to learn and a drive to increase knowledge, skills and responsibilities
- Willingness to travel
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; graduate degree preferred
- CFA candidate preferred
- 1 to 3 years business experience, preferably investment related.
A competitive compensation package is offered, including base salary and annual bonus. Long term successful professionals may become equity partners in the firm. The firm also offers a generous benefits package.
Please email a resume, cover letter, and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the ICG Associate Consultant position.
Callan LLC is an equal opportunity employer.