Associate Counsel | Asset Management
Artisan Partners Limited Partnership has an opening for an Associate Counsel on our Legal team. Due to the growth of our business, this new position is being created to provide legal advice and support on a variety of legal matters, including U.S. mutual funds, investment advisory and distribution matters, regulatory compliance, corporate governance, employment law and corporate contracting.
The Associate Counsel will have an opportunity for broad exposure across the organization in a collaborative and supportive environment, with a commitment to development.
Location: Milwaukee/San Francisco
The candidate can expect to:
- Perform legal work relating to Artisan’s business as an investment adviser, including mutual fund, hedge fund and separate account matters
- Perform legal work relating to Artisan’s corporate and partnership structure, including public company governance, regulatory and disclosure matters, as well as employment law and corporate contracting
- Stay current on regulatory developments impacting investment firms and public companies with complex operations in the United States and abroad and advise business units on legal implications
- Collaborate with Compliance, Operations, Finance and Tax to provide legal analysis and advice in connection with new regulations, ongoing development of policies and procedures and resolution of issues
- Perform related duties as assigned
The successful candidate will possess strong analytical skills and attention to detail. Additionally, the ideal candidate will possess:
- J.D. from an accredited law school and admitted to practice law in at least one state
- 2 to 5 years of legal experience practicing law with a top-tier law firm that specializes in corporate and securities law
- Experience in securities laws, with knowledge and practice in some or all of the Investment Company Act, Investment Advisers Act, 1933 Act, or 1934 Act
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be highly detail oriented and well organized with the ability to manage multiple assignments and deadlines
- Strong sense of ownership of tasks and responsibilities
- Ability and desire to work in multiple legal areas and with a broad set of business partners
- PC skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Visit our website to apply https://www.artisanpartners.com/careers/career-opportunities.html.