Associate Director – Commercial Real Estate & Ag
Role Value Proposition:
MetLife Investment Management (MIM) is one of the largest institutional investors and asset managers in the world, with over $669 billion in combined managed assets, and has consistently generated superior returns for both policyholders and shareholders. The enterprise has more than 900 dedicated professionals with extensive experience and expertise across public and private fixed income and private assets, including real estate. Visit us at www.metlife.com/investments to learn more.
The Associate Director, Agricultural Analytics (AD) position is a senior position within MIM’s Agricultural Analytics team. This role supports development and maintenance of timely, accurate and actionable portfolio analytics for use in client reporting and strategic portfolio management. The AD will require development of expertise in agricultural mortgage investment markets, investment structures, supporting systems and MIM’s agricultural loan portfolios. The AD will serve as a key resource for understanding the composition and performance of MIM’s agricultural mortgage portfolios. The role is a key liaison for both external clients/prospects, and internal peer groups, including Finance, Portfolio Management, Loan Management, Treasury, Audit and Senior Management. The role is critical to efficiently analyzing and reporting on the highly complex agricultural mortgage portfolio. The role is highly analytical and requires quickly executing complex reporting and analytical tasks under tight timeframes. This role requires someone who can act independently and efficiently.
- Work independently on critical and time sensitive tasks in support of the agricultural mortgage loan investment portfolios, such as developing and coordinating responses in support of Investment Management client portfolio requests, supporting required recurring client and regulatory reporting, and completing regulator, rating agency and industry portfolio surveys.
- Collaborate with Finance, IT, Operations, and Loan Managers in support of agricultural portfolio reporting and analytics
- Lead development of processes and systems to support new and evolving investment products, and enhancing existing processes and systems to improve efficiency, accuracy, accessibility, and timeliness of information flows.
- Serve as the primary source for agricultural portfolio information on portfolio composition, characteristics, and performance.
- Develop and maintain current expertise on agriculture investment holdings, market values, RBC classifications, reserve recommendations, unfunded commitments, etc.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual portfolio performance reports and presentations for senior management and clients.
- Lead the monthly market value process for the domestic and international agricultural mortgage portfolios.
- Development and maintenance of agricultural portfolio performance projections.
- Maintenance and interpretation of key agricultural portfolio performance benchmarks for delinquency, credit loss and mortgage spreads
- Develop and present impairment recommendations for agricultural investments to the Impairment Committee. Develop impairment review and communication tools.
- Develop quarterly CECL reserve estimates and maintain/enhance reserving tools.
- Interface with internal/external auditors on market values, holdings, impairments, and SOX issues.
- Support processes for production of Earnings Call, 10-K, 10-Q, QFS and Schedule B materials.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills
- 5+ Years of institutional investment experience, preferably in a portfolio research, accounting, finance or analytics function.
- Fixed income investment knowledge (e.g., cash flows, pricing, and data elements).
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills; including ability to generate new approaches and ideas to improve efficiency and information quality.
- Advanced data analysis skills, including ability to identify and mitigate data integrity issues.
- Ability to manage a wide variety of analysis and reporting responsibilities very efficiently and under tight timeframes.
- Working knowledge of GAAP reporting and accounting requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA or equivalent preferred.
- Agricultural mortgage investment knowledge (e.g., loan characteristics, cash flows, pricing, and data elements) preferred.
- Working knowledge of Power BI and Alteryx preferred.
- Working knowledge of STAT reporting and accounting requirements preferred.
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”