Associate Director, Real Estate Portfolio Management
Aegon Asset Management (Aegon AM) is a leading global investor. Our 390 investment professionals manage and advise on assets of US $329 billion for a global client base of pension plans, public funds, insurance companies, banks, wealth managers, family offices and foundations.
We organize our firm around four investment platforms: fixed income, real assets, equities and multi-asset & solutions, which includes a fiduciary and multi-manager business. Each investment platform has dedicated teams with deep asset-class expertise, organized globally and committed to maximizing client benefit from their specialist areas.
We are an international business: Our 1,200 employees work from 15 locations across Europe, the Americas and Asia. We share a common belief in fundamental, research-driven active management, underpinned by effective risk management and a commitment to responsible investment.
Support functions related to various private equity real estate funds including analytical support for portfolio management, support to acquisitions and asset management as it relates to fund assets, addressing client requests, and ensure adherence to fund reporting and timelines. Assist with onboarding new clients, properties, and enhancing the tools utilized to provide best in class service to both affiliate and non-affiliate clients.
- Provide analytical support for portfolio modeling, fund structuring, new investments, asset management, client requests and ensure adherence to mandate/fund provisions.
- Support portfolio management activities related to real estate private equity funds by coordinating the review, approval, and implementation of asset management plans with investors and asset management staff.
- Support and oversee client service activities related to private equity funds through the coordination of relevant internal and external resources, and by effectively communicating with clients throughout all stages of the investment life cycle.
- Review transaction underwriting as needed and direct acquisitions staff on appropriate course of action to address investor concerns.
- Assist in investment level negotiations as needed to close assets into the fund and obtain necessary approvals for actions where investor consent is required.
- Assist and review legal documents to ensure economic terms are appropriately drafted and that management duties, expectations and responsibilities are in alignment with the relevant Aegon AM business unit.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (accounting, legal, Compliance, Marketing), external brokers and service providers.
- Collaborate with and provide support to Aegon AM Distribution, Compliance and senior management on fund related needs.
- Attend conferences and other industry related events to maximize the market impact of the Aegon AM brand.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, real estate, or relevant field, or equivalent experience
- Five years of relevant experience, with specific experience in real estate equity and/or real estate debt products
- Experience in basic structuring of real estate transactions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and accomplish tasks with minimal oversight
- Organizational skills
- Advanced skills using MS Excel
- Background in real estate underwriting and fund management
- Working Conditions
- Office environment
- Occasional travel
Job and compensation levels depend upon an applicant’s qualifications including the extent of candidate’s relevant experience and other job-related factors and will be determined by hiring supervisors/managers and HR.
At Aegon Asset Management, we are committed to fostering a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We are more than a global Asset Management firm – we are a people business, and we recognize that delivering excellent client outcomes comes from embracing diverse perspectives. We value diversity in the full range of human uniqueness without limitation, including race, gender, ability, language, culture, beliefs, age, origin, background, perspectives and experiences.
To Apply Please Click = Associate Director, Real Estate Portfolio Management – Aegon AM (myworkdayjobs.com)