Associate, Financial Services Investment Team
Title: Associate, Financial Services Investment Team
Location: Preferably Scottsdale, AZ or, potentially, Philadelphia, PA
Start Date: Summer/Fall 2021
Qualified applicants should provide their CV and descriptions of particularly relevant working experience consistent with the description below to: HR@estanciapartners.com
Firm/Opportunity: Estancia is an institutional middle-market financial services private equity firm founded by industry leaders. The firm focuses on $5+MM EBITDA businesses within the financial services industry sub-verticals of Asset Management, Wealth Management and related Business Services/FinTech sectors. The team is currently investing Fund II ($240MM of committed capital) and enjoys a loyal LP base that has shown commitment by “re-upping” into Estancia’s funds and providing additional investment capital for opportunistic co-investments alongside the Estancia Funds. The majority of the Funds’ investments are control oriented investments. The firm works to ensure management teams drive EBITDA growth through proven value-added initiatives. Producing exceptional returns for investors is priority #1.
Importantly, Estancia maintains an investment platform where senior leaders work together cultivating a corporate culture where people enjoy one another personally, family is valued, diversity is welcomed, and professional intellect is continually stretched to achieve extraordinary investment outcomes.
With Estancia possessing ample dry powder for investments, this is an exciting career opportunity to join a “buyside” platform at a junior level offering competitive compensation and benefits.
The firm seeks an exceptional investment professional to become an integral member of the tightly-knit investment team. The Associate will:
- Participate in the due diligence and investment management process by individually contributing and supporting more senior resources through the investing lifecycle.
- Leverage the firm’s networks to cultivate attractive opportunities and work in a team environment to help the Estancia Investment Committee (EIC) select portfolio company investments that will generate alpha.
- Perform all aspects of due diligence, modeling, participate and present in EIC meetings, deal structuring, internal and external LP reporting, and support future fundraising efforts.
- Collaborate with the deal teams and management teams to deliver growth and value.
- Our portfolio companies often leverage Estancia as an “outsourced corporate development arm” whereby we lead add-on accretive M&A transactions – the Associate will play an integral role in these transactions.
- Conduct themselves in all areas with the highest levels of personal integrity, ethics, and intellectual honesty.
Ideal candidate qualifications/experience include:
- An advanced degree(s) (MBA, etc.) and/or relevant accreditation(s) (CFA, etc.) are a plus. Candidates without an advanced degree will be considered.
- Ideally possess 2+ years prior corporate finance experience within an investment banking firm. Candidates with strong analytics (Excel modeling) outside of investment banking will be considered. Ideal candidates will have previous exposure to financial services and/or business services industries.
- Familiarity with transaction processes, including due diligence, financial and business analysis, transaction negotiation, and deal documentation.
- A passion for working in a small, fast-paced, and results-oriented environment.
- A strong work ethic and data-driven mindset with proven execution and communication skills.
- Developing leadership skills: proactive, thoughtful, good listener, non-egotistical, able to handle conflict, high level of emotional intelligence, and a consensus builder.
- Willingness to reside in Scottsdale or potentially Philadelphia.