Associate – Growth Equity
The Drawdown Fund / Tiger Grass Capital
About the Drawdown Fund:
The Drawdown Fund is a growth equity fund that invests in proven businesses that are addressing the major drivers of climate change. The Fund’s investment themes represent a $22TN investment opportunity over the coming decades as the world transitions to a more sustainable future.
Our investments target three major systems:
- Sustainable Cities: Alternative building materials, automation, smart mobility
- Food & Agriculture: crop & food health, food distribution, waste reduction
- Energy: Smart grids, battery storage, low-cost renewables
Our fund makes $10-30 million investments into established companies with potential to be leaders in their fields. We prefer to lead rounds and work actively with the management teams of our portfolio companies to support their success.
Our team combines the best of strong operational and entrepreneurial experience with an excellent track record as investors. We share the common purpose of delivering outstanding returns for our investors and creating a sustainable planet.
The Drawdown Fund is based in Park City, UT and is looking for a driven, passionate and results-oriented person to join our team.
Tiger Grass Capital, the manager of the Drawdown Fund, is looking to add a high-performing Associate to our investment team. As an integral member of our team, you will work on all aspects of the investment process, including deal sourcing, due diligence, portfolio company monitoring, and fund operations. We are looking for candidates with 3-4 years of experience in private equity, venture capital, investment banking, or consulting. Industry experience in cleantech or agtech is a plus. We expect candidates to have strong financial modeling, research, analytics, and communication skills, as well as a clear passion for our mission of investing to create a better world for future generations.
- Support our industry research and thesis generation, tracking and monitoring trends within our focus sectors.
- Develop the deal sourcing pipeline by identifying and screening relevant and exciting companies in our target sectors through research, networking, attending important events/conferences/tradeshows, and follow-up on direct introductions.
- Assist on deal tracking and reporting on pipeline metrics.
- Meet with the management teams of prospective portfolio companies, establishing direct relationships with these executives and contributing to the development of the investment thesis and perspectives on risks, potential for growth, and qualifications of the management team.
- Perform due diligence, including market research and analysis, competitive analysis, review of technology and industry trends, developing financial projections and returns models, and conducting reference calls.
- Create and present investment memos and additional written materials, including portfolio company reviews and operational updates.
- Conduct impact analyses to project the reduction of CO2-equivalents achieved through the operations of each portfolio company, synthesizing frameworks from Project Drawdown, external scientific research, and company analytics; write reports summarizing the firm’s approach to forecasting CO2 reduction for each portfolio company.
- Work directly with portfolio companies, tracking company progress and assisting in special projects. Develop internal databases, including tracking of operating KPIs of portfolio companies.
- Assist the General Partners in communication with limited partners in our funds, including preparation of investor materials and providing support for communications and logistics related to fundraising and investor relations.
- Build strong relationships with other investors, startups and industry professionals, representing the Fund well in all interactions with these constituents.
Our ideal candidate has…
- 3-4 years of experience in private equity, venture capital, investment banking, or consulting.
- Undergraduate degree from a top-tier university with demonstrated academic excellence and extracurricular experience.
- Strong analytical, financial modeling, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact with executives and represent the firm with external constituents.
- Resourceful and independent thinker, capable of taking on complex tasks to complement and strengthen the abilities of the investment team.
- Strong ethics, humility, and a sense of humor.
- Passion for climate change and our industries of focus.
The role is located with our team in Park City, Utah. Some travel will be required.
For more information or to apply directly with your resume and cover letter, please contact us at email@example.com