Associate Investment Manager
California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS) is a global institutional investor and the nation’s largest public pension fund, with assets of approximately $373.64 billion as of August 6, 2019. Headquartered in downtown Sacramento, CalPERS is situated in close proximity to the Napa Valley, San Francisco, Lake Tahoe, and other desirable destinations in California. Our people are deeply committed to our core values and their decisions and actions are guided by our investment beliefs.
If you thrive in a fast paced, challenging and rewarding environment where diversity in perspective and experience is valued, this may be the right opportunity for you. Click here to see what it’s like to work in the CalPERS Investment Office. Survey Link (goes after job duties bullets)
We’d love to know how you found out about this position. Click here to complete a very brief survey.
Our Opportunistic Strategies program is currently seeking an Associate Investment Manager to act as subject matter expert for the Execution Services and Strategy (ESS) Trading team and display proactive leadership of implementation and related analytical functions and drive our CalPERS mission.
Job Description and Duties:
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Lead and coordinate the execution and management of day-to-day equity and equity derivatives trading activity. Assess liquidity and tailor trading strategy to suit current conditions. Maintain and ensure portfolio and execution management systems are in place to achieve best execution and guideline compliance.
- Assist portfolio management teams with portfolio trade planning duties as appropriate. Provide leadership to Investment Officers in the management of all equity trade and trading strategy processes with the capability to serve as the back up to the Investment Manager.
- Assist in expanding and improving the multi-asset class trading infrastructure, platform and processes; enhance the processing of over-the-counter and other derivative transactions; improve risk management functionality on the trading platform; assist in enhancing the Transaction Cost Analysis (TCA) platform. Lead or participate in projects and growth initiatives as needed.
- A comfort and appreciation for operating in a team and consensus driven environment is a key aspect underlying success in the CalPERS environment.
- A high degree of initiative, professionalism, confidentiality, and able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Be flexible in adapting to changes in priorities, assignments, and other interruptions which may impact pre-established timelines and courses of action.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
- Experience working for a large financial institution.
- Ability to successfully work in a fast-paced environment with a broad range of staff.
To Apply: https://jobs.ca.gov/CalHrPublic/Jobs/JobPosting.aspx?JobControlId=168031