Brightwood Capital, founded in 2010, is a leading middle market private credit platform focused on providing growth capital, primarily in the form of debt, to US-based companies with EBITDA of $5 million to $75 million. Brightwood and its ~40 employees manage more than $4 billion across SBICs, commingled funds, SMAs and a middle market CLO on behalf of mainly large institutional investors. All Brightwood managed funds possess the flexibility to invest in both debt and equity structures (e.g. unitranche, senior secured, second lien and subordinated debt, preferred stock, and equity). Brightwood focuses on five core industry verticals: Technology & Telecommunications, Healthcare, Business Services, Transportation & Logistics, and Franchising.
Brightwood is currently seeking a pre-MBA Associate to be a key member of our investment team to support all aspects of the deal process. The position is located in New York City.
- Conduct due diligence on potential investments (e.g., competitive position, growth prospects, customer analysis, industry analysis, etc.)
- Perform valuation analysis, financial analysis, and financial modeling
- Assist in structuring transactions
- Prepare detailed investment committee memoranda
- Monitor portfolio companies
- Perform ad-hoc assignments
- 1-4 years investment banking experience (leveraged finance, financial sponsors, and mergers and acquisitions groups preferred) and/or buy side experience
- Proficient in financial modeling
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to work independently
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Proficient in Excel and Word
Interested candidates should email email@example.com.