Associate Portfolio Specialist
About the Firm
Sands Capital is an independent, employee-owned investment management firm based in Arlington, Virginia that manages multiple billions of dollars in client assets. Sands Capital’s strategies employ a fundamental, bottom-up research process to identify high-quality growth businesses that we can own for the long term in concentrated portfolios. We invest on a global basis across the life cycle from early-stage private businesses to leading public companies.
Identified below are Core Values the firm holds in high regard and believes are critical for high-performing teams at Sands Capital:
- Integrity & Trust: Do what is right, not what is popular. Deliver on commitments.
- Client-Centered: Always act in the best interest of our clients.
- Commitment to Excellence: Strive to learn and improve. Implement best practices.
We are seeking a junior-level professional to support our firm’s portfolio specialist function. This function serves as the primary interface between our marketing, client relations, and portfolio management teams.
This role will support our team of portfolio specialists across a variety of responsibilities, including 1) investment strategy and portfolio communications, 2) competitive and marketplace analysis, and 3) thought leadership content development.
The ideal candidate balances a passion for equity investing with a creative mind and a client-oriented perspective. We are seeking someone with a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude and a desire to learn about different aspects of the investment management business.
- Attend portfolio team meetings to gain context for portfolio management decisions and share perspectives on marketing opportunities and challenges
- Assist with data collection, analysis, and distribution related to competitive positioning, marketing initiatives, performance and attribution reporting, and ESG engagement
- Contribute to the creation and enhancement of pitchbooks and other marketing materials
- Support the development of thought-leadership content through analysis and collaboration with portfolio specialists, investment writers, and designers
- Review and contribute product knowledge to Requests for Proposal (RFP), due diligence questionnaires, and other inbound inquiries
- Prepare talking points, memos, and other internal-facing material to prep client relations directors for meetings.
- Other duties, as required
Skills and Qualifications
- 0-2 years of relevant experience, preferably in the investment management, investment consulting, or wealth management industries
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Deep understanding of global capital markets, economics, and industry trends affecting long-term growth equity investing
- Fast learner with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to juggle multiple high-priority assignments
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, responsive work environment
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Experience with analytical tools and databases such as PitchBook, FactSet, eVestment, Morningstar Direct, and MSCI ESG/Sustainalytics
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other Office applications
- Exhibit behavior consistent with Sands Capital’s mission, values, and culture
If you wish to apply for this position, please do so via Sands Capital’s Careers page at http://sandscapital.com/careers/.
We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits.
Sands Capital is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and staff members. For our staff members, equal opportunity includes access to the benefits and privileges that the firm provides to staff members generally. We appreciate the value diversity brings to Sands Capital and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all staff members.
We evaluate and select qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Discrimination of this kind is also strictly prohibited by a variety of federal, state, and local laws, including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act 1964, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to pregnant individuals, individuals with disabilities, and/or individuals needing accommodation for sincerely held religious beliefs. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.