As one of the world’s leading asset managers, we are solely dedicated to delivering an investment experience that helps people get more out of life. If you're looking for challenging work, smart colleagues, and a global employer with a social conscience, explore your potential at Invesco.
The general role of the Associate is to work with the Head of Underwriting and to support Senior Associates, Associate Directors and Acquisition Officers to underwrite all new transactions entering IRE’s pipeline and manage the process throughout the various stages of the acquisition process.
You will be responsible for:
- Valuation analysis of potential acquisitions and originations of institutional quality multi-family, industrial, office and retail properties.
- Lead or support the creation of thorough and concise investment packages that are presented to the Invesco Investment Committee, performing and providing all support for assumptions utilized during the process.
- Effectively identify and articulate the major risks associated with an investment opportunity in both verbal and written format.
- Perform and provide expertise on all aspects of the financial modeling, focusing on unleveraged, leveraged and structured analysis of institutional real estate. Excel modeling expertise is a significant advantage.
- Research and formulate corporate tenant credit analysis using multiple resources including financial statements and other online financial services.
- Manage or support the overall investment process by conducting due diligence and research market conditions including:
- Physical assessment, location assessment, rent comparable, sales comparable and replacement costs while working with internal and external teams.
The experience you bring:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the underwriting of equity investments in commercial real estate
- Must be a power user of Argus (AE) and Excel, with skill level verified through an externally administered exam a significant advantage.
- Must have excellent writing skills, demonstrated via submitted samples.
- Must have strong quantitative analysis skills.
- Must have strong organizational and verbal communication skills.
- Undergraduate degree is required, advanced degree or applicable experience a plus.
What’s in it for you?
Our people are at the very core of our success. Invesco employees get more out of life through our comprehensive compensation and benefit offerings including:
- Flexible time off and opportunities for a flexible work schedule
- 401(K) matching of 100% up to the first 6% with additional supplemental contribution
- Health & wellbeing benefits
- Parental Leave benefits
- Employee stock purchase plan
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco's culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.