AVP/VP, Structured Finance
The Structured Finance team at Assured Guaranty provides credit enhancement for a wide variety of structured products for financial institutions, corporate securitizations, and financings of financial assets. Areas of significant activity include commercial real estate, CLOs/portfolio corporate risk, whole business securitization and other esoteric asset securitization. These transactions contain elements of corporate or financial institution credit risk, collateral value risk, interest rate risk or insurance-related risks.
The position will require the individual to independently manage the sourcing and credit underwriting of transactions. Critical skills involve the application of critical and creative thinking to the structuring review of submissions, formulation of underwriting issues, completion of due diligence agendas, analysis of credit default risk, development of financial models and preparation of detailed underwriting recommendations for transactions. Additionally, the position will require strong origination skills, working with investment banks, other intermediaries and advisors, as well as direct origination with transaction sponsors.
Direct experience with structured finance transactions (e.g., consumer ABS, bank regulatory capital relief, insurance company capital relief, CLO’s, whole business securitization, commercial asset backed securitization, and/or insurance securitization) in combination with significant exposure to the broader structured finance market, is desired.
- Business origination from multiple sources (intermediated and direct to customer).
- Transaction development and triage.
- Deal structuring and negotiation.
- Creation of spread sheet based financial models.
- Preparation and presentation of underwriting recommendations.
- Knowledge and understanding of securitization structures and documentation.
- Work with rating agencies as part of shadow rating process.
- Research and development of new sectors.
- Minimum five years of experience in the financial industry with a focus in structured finance.
- Must have experience in structuring, modeling and executing structured finance transactions.
- Ability to quickly understand the essential drivers to a transaction combined with the experience necessary to create an effective customized structure.
- Ability to apply critical and creative thinking to sourcing and structuring ABS risks and structures.
- Ability to interact with client companies, senior management and other departmental members.
- Experience in credit analysis and evaluation of collateral mentioned above.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a small, cohesive team.
The above responsibilities, knowledge and skills are intended as a general summary of those required for the position and are not all inclusive.
All employees hired to the Company’s New York office are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Employees must also be fully vaccinated in order to access the Company’s New York office. You are considered fully vaccinated if at least fourteen (14) days have elapsed since your receipt of the second dose in a two (2)-dose vaccine series (such as Pfizer or Moderna) or a single dose of a one (1)-dose vaccine series (such as Johnson & Johnson). Candidates seeking a reasonable accommodation under applicable Company policies should contact Ivana Grillo, Senior Managing Director, Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.