Business Systems Analyst
About Sands Capital:
We are a long-term concentrated growth investment manager based in Arlington, Virginia (or the greater Washington, D.C. area). We invest globally across the life cycle of high-quality innovative businesses, ranging from early-stage private to leading public companies. Our investment philosophy centers around our six criteria based on our founding principles(detailed on our website www.sandscapital.com). Our strategies employ a fundamental, bottom-up research process to manage over $70 billion dollars in client assets (as of June 30, 2021). We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits.
Identified below are Core Values the firm holds in high regard and believes are critical for high-performing teams at Sands Capital:
- Integrity & Trust: Do what is right, not what is popular. Deliver on
- Client-Centered: Always act in the best interest of our
- Commitment to Excellence: Strive to learn and Implement best practices.
We are seeking a business systems analyst to collaborate with internal stakeholders to support our digital transformation initiatives. Working closely with client services, marketing operations, and IT, this individual will maintain and support existing reporting systems and processes. This position will also play a key role in driving the marketing technology roadmap to ensure the future state will continue to meet the needs of the business. The ideal candidate is passionate about leveraging technology to enhance the delivery of content and create a best in class client experience.
- Support, configure, test, and troubleshoot production software used to enable marketing automation
- Lead monthly production of full, accurate and timely client reports and marketing material, making sure we hit internal and external deadlines
- Define and drive workflows to support efficient report production
- Perform verification to identify/resolve data issues
- Perform quality assurance activities to ensure accuracy and consistency of data and information being processed by team
- Successfully collaborate with peers in other functional areas (marketing, sales, risk, innovation) for feedback and refinement of production processes and materials
- Translate conceptual requirements from business users into functional requirements for Information Technology team to implement
- Contribute ideas to further refine and enhance our client reporting materials and execution processes
- Other professional responsibilities, as needed
- Exhibit behaviors consistent with Sands Capital’s mission, values, and culture
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of relevant experience, preferably in the investment management industry or other professional services business
- Excellent communications and planning skills, including the ability to coordinate the activities of multiple stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills and a data-driven mindset
- Detail-oriented with solid project management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience with client reporting software, content management systems and workflow tools a strong plus
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college
Values for Success at Sands Capital:
- Focus: Identify and concentrate on “what matters”
- Positive “Can-Do” Attitude: Demonstrate a willingness to tackle any task
- Long-Term Perspective: Appreciate that time allows sound decisions to demonstrate their worth. Avoid short-term thinking
- Graciousness: Reflect kindness and courtesy at all times
- Independent Thinking: Have the courage to develop and articulate your own convictions. Debate others openly and honestly
- Teamwork: Collaborate to gather facts, develop perspective, build conviction, and support timely decision-making
- Balance: Enjoy your work while balancing professional activities with interests beyond the firm
- Meritocracy: Know that talent and achievement will drive your success at Sands Capital
How to Apply:
To be considered, candidates must submit a resume that specifically outlines your qualifications for the position. If you wish to apply for this position, please do so via Sands Capital Management’s Careers page at http://sandscapital.com/careers/.
We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits.
Sands Capital is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and staff members. For our staff members, equal opportunity includes access to the benefits and privileges that the firm provides to staff members generally. We appreciate the value diversity brings to Sands Capital and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all staff members.
We evaluate and select qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Discrimination of this kind is also strictly prohibited by a variety of federal, state, and local laws, including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act 1964, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to pregnant individuals, individuals with disabilities, and/or individuals needing accommodation for sincerely held religious beliefs. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.