Position Title: Chief Financial Officer
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes
Reports to: CEO
Worker Category: Full-Time
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Position Summary: The Chief Financial Officer will lead the finance department while organizing strategy around key financial decisions. The CFO will also oversee the Operations and Supply Chain departments. The CFO is part of the leadership team and will work collaboratively with the team to implement the company’s long and short-term financial strategy.
- Guide the company’s strategy in financial planning using models, reporting, forecasts, and lean budgets.
- Prepare, manage, and present monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements to company leadership and board of directors.
- Ensure the company is meeting fiduciary and regulatory obligations and is compliant at all times.
- Identify, assesses, and mitigate risk exposure.
- Structure the finance department in order to provide proper financial management and analysis to inform strategic decisions
- COGS definition and Gross Margin oversight
- financial planning and analysis
- bonus structure
- Manage working capital and cash
- Debt issuance and management
- Equity issuances
- Cash management
- Working capital management
- External financial accounting / reporting
- Banking, external audit, and investor relations
- Evaluate risk, regulation, and internal programs
- Manage insurance programs
- Execute tax planning and preparation
- Ensure regulatory compliance at all times
- Oversee and drive implementation of company ERP system to make it as useful as possible to as much of the organization as possible
- Manage the Operations and Supply Chain leaders to ensure the supply side of the business is constantly focused on winning gross margin
- Focus on making the best use of overhead
- Oversee capital projects to ensure they deliver margin
- Collaborate with leaders to set KPIs aimed at success
- Develop inventory management via company ERP
Qualifications and Experience:
- MBA in business, management, accounting, finance or work equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in operational finance
- Effective collaborator and able to drive the strategic plan forward while being a team player
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.