Chief Architect – Vice President
The Federal Reserve is developing a new interbank 24x7x365 real-time gross settlement (RTGS) service with integrated clearing functionality, called the FedNow service. This service will help enable financial institutions provide their customers with the ability to send and receive payments any time, any day, and have full access to those funds within seconds. This position is a unique opportunity to be part of a new mission-critical Federal Reserve initiative that will be transformative to the payments landscape in the United States.
Position Contributions -
The FedNow Chief Architect is responsible for all IT infrastructure components of the FedNow service. This position will lead the development and delivery of strategic technology solutions that fit the business’ needs and will be responsible for reviewing, analyzing, and evaluating business systems and user needs. The Chief Architect will report to the FedNow CIO.
What's Expected -
• Lead the development of the architecture strategy and develop the technology roadmap that is aligned with the business strategy.
• Accountable for understanding business strategies, challenges and priorities. Understand business goals, business processes and solutions architecture while supporting the development of technology standards to ensure that solutions meet business needs and align with architectural best practices.
• Collaborate with both business and technology partners to ensure that proposed business and technical solutions align with FedNow’s overall mission and vision.
• Plan activities that define the information needs of the FedNow Service and design the data blueprints to meet those needs within the context of all architecture and the connections with information systems, information technologies and solutions.
• Be a key leader is digital transformation.
• Work cross-functionally with both business and IT stakeholders.
• Propose architecture solutions based on business and technology considerations.
• Understand the information needs of the FedNow service, develop and maintain an integrated data model that represents essential data produced and consumed across the initiative.
• Remain current on industry specific knowledge and emerging technology to determine potential impacts on the initiative architecture.
Expertise You Will Bring -
• Bachelor’s degree with advanced degree highly preferred.
• Minimum of 10 years professional experience responsible for information technology solution delivery
• Demonstrated technology skills across multiple IT domains (e.g., application, security, infrastructure).
• Strong understanding of software, hardware, architecture frameworks, and corporate technology and trends
• Understanding of common information architecture frameworks and information models.
• Experience designing, integrating and managing complex infrastructure solutions.
• Ability to assess rapidly changing technologies and apply them to business needs.
• Experience developing strategic technology plans and roadmaps.
• Experience leading efforts to create technical solutions and architectures impacting critical areas of the business.
• Strong leadership and negotiation skills with business and technical groups.
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to analyze solution needs, and determine the resources needed to achieve objectives.
• Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking and leadership, with strong abilities in relationship management.
• Ability to present and communicate both business and technical concepts.
• Ability to think critically and solve problems.
• Strong analytical skills, highly organized and excellent interpersonal skills.
Travel & Logistics -
• May include remote working arrangements and some required travel, which will vary during project phases.
- Frequent travel within the U.S. may be required
The Federal Reserve Bank of Boston is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and to provide equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
All employees assigned to this position will be subject to FBI fingerprint/ criminal background and Patriot Act/ Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) watch list checks at least once every five years.
For this job, any offer of employment is contingent upon successfully passing a two-phase security screening. The first phase consists of the satisfactory completion of a physical examination (including a drug screening), reference checks, and a security investigation consisting of credit and criminal history checks.
The second phase, which might not be complete until after you begin working at the Reserve Bank, is an additional risk-based security screening determined by the risk rating of the position. Depending upon the sensitivity of the position, this phase may include, and is not limited to, citizenship status verification, and personal interviews with the candidate, references, and prior employers.
All candidates must be U.S. citizens or lawful permanent resident aliens with at least three or more years of U.S. residency from the date of legal entry to the U.S.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work required of this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or skills associated with this position or the personnel so classified. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of this position, management reserves the right to revise this or any job description at its discretion at any time.