Chief Financial Officer
Bitwise is a tech ecosystem designed to activate human potential for the technology industry in Underdog Cities around the country. Bitwise was founded in Fresno, California, in 2013 by Irma L. Olguin, Jr., and Jake A. Soberal.
//TLDR. Bitwise Industries is seeking a highly effective Chief Financial Officer to join our executive team in a
venture-backed, rapidly growing company. This position will lead the company’s financial function through our next phase of expansion and growth, and beyond.
About Bitwise Industries.
The Bitwise ecosystem is comprised of three robust lines of business that sustain and support its objectives:
- Geekwise Academy is an accelerated training program that teaches people of all ages and skill levels the skills required to enter the technology industry as a software developer. The missional focus of Geekwise is to reach people and places that the technology industry has traditionally excluded. Geekwise offers boot-camp-style classes, apprenticeship programs, and a wide variety of support services to its students.
- Shift3 Technologies is a world-class software consulting firm. Shift3 builds enterprise software solutions for clients in the San Joaquin Valley, Silicon Valley, and around the world. The missional focus of Shift3 is to recruit the very best talent out of Geekwise to model what it looks like to build an extraordinary technology company with non-traditional talent. Shift3 serves clients in government like the State of California and the United States Department of Defense, and private sector clients like Pivotal and Salesforce.
- Bitwise Real Estate provides the spaces and places for the technology industry and people working in it to build vibrant, diverse, and inclusive community. Bitwise acquired, developed, and leased more than 250,000 SF of commercial real estate in Downtown Fresno; the projects now comprise Bitwise’s technology campus that is home to more than 200 technology companies.
Diversity and inclusion is at the heart of everything that Bitwise does. The Bitwise community in Fresno is > 50-percent female, > 50-percent minority, and about 20-percent first-generation American.
Bitwise is a venture-backed firm, which you can learn more about in this Crunchbase article.
Learn more about Bitwise in this Explainer Video.
About the Job.
The CFO will report directly to the President of the company and will be supported by a team of four finance professionals.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Contribute as a strategic business partner to the executive team, advising on short-term and long-term financial and business plan strategies.
- Provide critical insight and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization (i.e., evaluation of potential acquisitions and/or mergers and investments.)
- Drive the company financial strategy, including forecasting, budgeting, and supporting fundraising efforts.
- Establish financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion.
- Design and execute the capital-raising strategy, and take a lead role in all M&A transactions.
Governance and External Relations
- Analyze and advise on the impact of regulatory and accounting developments on the long-term objectives, and potential new businesses.
- Optimize relationships with financial institutions and key strategic partners.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory, accounting and reporting requirements, and maintain strong internal controls.
- Oversee all financial accounting and reporting, ensuring accurate and timely information to help make solid business decisions.
- Lead the finance team, promote continual improvements in efficiency and effectiveness, and provide team members with professional growth opportunities.
About the Requirements.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A proven track record of success as a CFO or senior financial executive.
- Demonstrated expertise in financial planning and strategy, corporate finance, budgeting, and managing profitability.
- Outstanding strategic thinking, problem solving and analytical skills.
- A deep commitment to a diverse, inclusive and progressive workplace.
- Experience with fundraising and investor relations.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in all aspects of financial management.
- Exceptional collaborative and communication skills.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Demonstrated success in a high growth organization in a complex financial setting.
This position will be based in Fresno, CA, and offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including employer-paid health care premiums, 401(k) with employer match, unlimited paid time off and more.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit resume and cover letter here.