Chief Operating Officer
Ethos Cannabis currently has interests in the cultivation, processing and dispensing of cannabis in Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Florida, Arizona and is pursuing expansion opportunities in multiple states including Maryland and New Jersey. Today, we are working to combine our interests to create a unified multi-state cannabis company. Our goal is to have a clear and compelling consumer-centric vision focused on helping individuals feel and live better through their experiences with cannabis. Our mission is supported by our relationship with Jefferson Health, a leading academic medical center in the U.S., dedicated to collecting and analyzing valuable real-world data and developing educational initiatives with a focus on patient outcomes and quality of life. Jefferson Health is our Academic Clinical Research Center partner for vertically integrated operations under development in Pennsylvania.
Our principals have significant experience investing in healthcare, consumer products, and regulated markets. We have been actively focused on the cannabis industry since 2015 and have recently added a new partner for Ethos Cannabis who has experience developing and leading a successful and respected cannabis operator in the U.S.
The Chief Operations Officer (COO) is responsible for overseeing the ongoing operations in Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Maryland, and New Jersey (future) which will include multiple locations by the end of 2020. This position will oversee the growth initiatives of our retail locations and grower/processor locations and include the operationalizing and management of our dispensaries. We are building a strong ethical and team-oriented culture at Ethos Cannabis and are looking for this position to help lead and implement this vision.
We are seeking a passionate, driven, detailed oriented and collaborative COO to provide strategic leadership, direction, and support to the company’s operations. The COO will work directly with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and the senior leadership team to develop and implement goals and long-term company strategies as well as guide the company’s operational strategy, overseeing the day-to-day operations with a high bar and vision for excellence. The ideal candidate has the ability to adapt to our business model and has demonstrated leadership experience, as he or she will be given significant responsibility over the operations of our business and to deliver a best-in-class and innovative cannabis experience. Previous cannabis experience is a plus but not required; however, all candidates should have some familiarity and comfortability with cannabis.
- Develop and execute the operations strategy for Ethos Cannabis in areas of cultivation, manufacturing and, resulting in a best-in-class products and services, while establishing current and long-range objectives, plans, policies, goals, with executives, staff, and Ethos Board members
- Develop and cascade Ethos’ organization strategy, mission, and vision throughout company and to all staff; implement appropriate processes and practices to align personnel with company goals
- Develop and directly support operations vice presidents and directors; act as liaison with the executive management team and operational leaders
- Drive performance measures for the operation across company; regularly communicate company strategy and changes while overseeing the proper execution of established operation procedures
- Oversee the company-wide operations of grower/processor, dispensaries, and related business services, and advise operational teams on development of strategies, supplier and sourcing relationships, logistics, and other function areas, on all mutual issues and in prioritization of needs
- Collaborate with compliance leader on quality and service standards, quality assurance processes, and compliance on all policies, standards, and values
- Marshall company-wide resources to the most productive uses while maximizing value for Ethos
- Implement strategies for optimal productivity in enterprise operations through operational excellence, process improvement, and consistent resolution of challenges, with attention to quality, staffing, inventory management, and financial control
- Establish process for labor optimization in operations while effectively managing overall variance to payroll budget
- Oversee all aspects of operations with an excellence in quality and customer-first mentality and an intense focus on company culture and ethics, products, customer service, growth, and brand standards
- Ensure Ethos’ customer needs are met with effective solutions
- Continually assess with technology leader the tech roadmap and implementation and adjust based on customer and business needs
- In collaboration with the Chief Financial Officer, manage financial and business planning activities including oversight adherence to business policies, financial budgeting and reporting policies
- Assess business trends and actively support team to drive company growth and business initiatives
- Impact key performance metrics through effective leadership, and provide guidance to achieve goals and profitability targets
- Accountable for controllable cost versus plan and the identification of company-wide continuous improvement opportunities
- Build credibility and foster confidence with Board through effective communication of status of key initiatives and health of the company
- Lead initiatives, strategies, and other specific projects assigned by the CEO
- Report directly to the CEO
Minimum of a bachelor’s degree required. MBA strongly preferred.
- 10+ years of consumer products and/or health and wellness, retail, with operational experience
- 10+ years of management experience which must include operations, profit and loss, and customer-facing strategies in a fast-paced, complex, and/or regulated environment
- Considerable exposure to retail cultures focused on well-developed standard operating procedures and management and employee training programs
- Ability to understand competitive landscape and trends and execute strategies accordingly
- Experience and proven track record in meeting/exceeding financial and operational goals in a competitive, dynamic environment
- Work history that demonstrates stability, progressive responsibility, and willingness to accept new duties
Capabilities and Skills:
- Exceptional leadership, teambuilding, communication, and interpersonal skills
- High level of integrity and a strong work ethic
- Outstanding track record of accomplishing business objectives
- Proficiency in computer usage including MS Office applications, email, scheduling software, online conferencing, and more
- Ability to develop, analyze, and interpret key performance metrics, and read, analyze, and interpret financial reports relating to operational and performance metrics
- Strong problem-solving skills including anticipatory thinking and the ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a calm composure
- Demonstrated ability to work comfortably and effectively within a diverse, multicultural, multigenerational environment
Must pass stringent background test requirements of Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Maryland, and New Jersey
Click here to apply.