CIB – Energy Investment Banking – Power & Utilities Coverage – Senior Associate / Junior Vice President
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $24 trillion of assets under custody and $420 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
With one of the broadest client franchises in the world, J.P. Morgan offers a full platform that enables the firm to develop some of the most complete and innovative financial solutions in the industry. The Firm has global leadership positions in all of its key products - capital raising, mergers and acquisitions advisory, restructuring, risk management and research.
J.P. Morgan's Power & Utilities Investment Banking Group provides a full range of investment banking services to various clients based in the U.S. Its clients include many of the world's leading firms in their respective industries. The Group's primary focus is on delivering creative solutions to clients for mergers and acquisitions and equity and debt capital raising.
The successful candidate will play a vital and accountable leadership role in all aspects of the transaction process and formation/pursuit of strategic business ideas. S/he will join a dynamic team with that is far reaching, forward moving and also have the opportunity to work with clients and senior management.
The Senior Associate/Junior VP will serve as the primary project leader and supervisor of Associates/Analysts on project teams. This individual is recognized by clients as key member of the team and will take the lead on the execution and marketing of M&A, Equity and Financing mandates and will have direct client responsibility and interaction. S/he will leverage and coordinate J.P. Morgan's resources on behalf of the client. In this capacity, one must understand industry fundamentals, anticipate client needs, and leverage J.P. Morgan's and the team's resources to anticipate new business opportunities. The balance between leveraging internal technical/product expertise and external relationship building is the essence of the position.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Participate in the "full cycle" of transactional execution including preparing marketing pitches, reviewing and formulating financial analysis, preparing and presenting internal committee memoranda and client presentations.
- Participate in substantial day-to-day client contact and client servicing.
- Begin to build long-term external relationships and manage accounts. This should include conducting new business presentations and developing new ideas for business at a relevant client level.
- Work independently, producing high quality work by totally leveraging and accessing the Firm.
- Continue to round out product and technical training for Associates.
- Understudy an Executive Director or Managing Director on certain accounts or transactions, depending on the size and complexity of the client or transaction.
- Demonstrate skills that will produce revenues for the Firm while gaining a broad understanding of how the Firm can derive revenues from each particular situation.
- Begin to develop a set of defined projects for new business development.
The successful candidate will possess the following
- Bachelors' degree from a reputable university; MBA is preferred.
- 4+ years experience (if post MBA) or a 6+ years experience (if post Bachelors) in Investment Banking; Energy and/or M&A experience is highly desired.
- Very strong financial modeling/valuation and analytical skills.
- Ability to comfortably interact with business clients and management.
- Excellent technology skills with strong Excel (macros, pivot tables, look-ups and filtering) and PowerPoint skills. S/he will be able to quickly learn new software applications.
- Highly organized, detail oriented and proactive. Energetic and decisive, with high level of integrity.
- Ability to multitask several projects
- S/he will be able to communicate concepts and ideas both verbally and via documentation, to and be able to defend their validity.
- Provide examples of a team mentality. A relationship builder, who can establish trust and credibility across JPMorgan.
The ideal candidate is a creative, innovative team player. It is critical that the Vice President be able to relate well to client counterparts and develop good working relationships with these individuals. It is also important that this person display maturity, good judgment and an ability to work with professionals at all levels inside J.P. Morgan. Strong analytical, technical problem solving, planning and organizational skills are a must. These abilities are necessary on an individual level and as this person direct other project members.
Link to apply: http://adtrk.tw/tp/rj6.s36D-z_K