Client and Consultant Relations (External)
Coho Partners, Ltd. (Coho), founded in 1999, is an independent and employee-owned investment advisor, dedicated to producing superior risk-adjusted returns within our U.S. equity strategy.
Coho manages approximately $9.4 billion (preliminary as of December 31, 2022) for institutional employee benefit plans, endowments, foundations, corporations, high net worth individuals, eleemosynary organizations, UMA/Model programs, trusts, and estates, and other individual investor accounts. The firm is focused on providing downside protection and upside participation for clients who share our philosophy and vision. Portfolios are implemented through separate accounts, mutual fund, and UMA accounts.
Coho’s investment philosophy is based on the premise that the most effective way to create and sustain wealth in the equity markets is to achieve an asymmetric pattern of returns over time, where the portfolio demonstrates a down-market capture considerably less than its up-market capture. Our primary focus is on risk control and protecting principal in down markets, coupled with strong participation in all but the most speculative of markets. This objective is achievable and repeatable by populating portfolios with stocks of high-quality companies that have, and will continue to demonstrate, long-term predictable growth in revenues, earnings, and dividends at reasonable valuations. We believe the combination of protection and participation should ultimately lead to better than market performance over a full economic cycle, with less than market risk.
This position is responsible for raising assets in the Coho mutual fund and separate accounts through a strong intermediary network (RIA, bank trust, family office and/or wealth management channels). The successful candidate will have a professional presence and knowledge of the industry to proactively communicate the firm’s investment philosophy, strategy, process, and performance results.
- Work collaboratively with the outreach team to develop and execute upon the strategic and nationally focused business plan targeting the intermediary channels;
- Drive new business growth for the firm, specifically in the intermediary channel;
- Develop and hold accountability for sales department goals;
- Proactively communicate the firm’s investment philosophy, strategy, process, and performance results to prospects through cold calls, emails, virtual and in-person presentations;
- Coordinate and lead new business calls and meetings, minimizing the time required to pitch new business by the firm’s investment professionals;
- Establish and maintain a strong prospect network;
- Effectively utilize Salesforce.com to document contacts, sales opportunities, and activity;
- Generate periodic reports showing team activity and demonstrating progress toward asset raising goals for reporting to senior management;
- Collaborate with client relations and operations teams on new client set up and transition;
- May represent Coho at industry conferences; and
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 10 years of sales experience within asset management;
- Strong existing network in the RIA, bank trust, family office or wealth management channels;
- Proven track record in sales, including strong prospecting and closing skills;
- Strong knowledge of the equities and overall investment markets;
- Institutional level written and verbal communication skills with extensive presentation experience;
- Compatible with the Coho company culture, including strong interpersonal skills and a proven ability to collaborate with peers and colleagues;
- Must be prepared and willing to travel as opportunities present themselves;
- Position is currently hybrid but could be subject to change. Candidates must be located in the Philadelphia area and able to commute to the office as required;
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills;
- High degree of versatility, self-motivation, and integrity;
- Energetic with an ability to thrive in a small, team-oriented environment with minimal oversight;
- Passion for the investment business and the business development role;
- Excellent skills using the Microsoft Office suite and Salesforce.com; and
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA and/or CFA is a plus.
- This position does not require FINRA licenses. Coho does not sponsor or hold FINRA licenses for employees.