Client and Consultant Relations (Internal)
Coho Partners, Ltd. (Coho), founded in 1999, is an independent and employee-owned investment advisor, dedicated to producing superior risk-adjusted returns within our U.S. equity strategy.
Coho manages approximately $9.4 billion (preliminary as of December 31, 2022) for institutional employee benefit plans, endowments, foundations, corporations, high net worth individuals, eleemosynary organizations, UMA/Model programs, trusts, and estates, and other individual investor accounts. The firm is focused on providing downside protection and upside participation for clients who share our philosophy and vision. Portfolios are implemented through separate accounts, mutual fund, and UMA accounts.
Coho’s investment philosophy is based on the premise that the most effective way to create and sustain wealth in the equity markets is to achieve an asymmetric pattern of returns over time, where the portfolio demonstrates a down-market capture considerably less than its up-market capture. Our primary focus is on risk control and protecting principal in down markets, coupled with strong participation in all but the most speculative of markets. This objective is achievable and repeatable by populating portfolios with stocks of high-quality companies that have, and will continue to demonstrate, long-term predictable growth in revenues, earnings, and dividends at reasonable valuations. We believe the combination of protection and participation should ultimately lead to better than market performance over a full economic cycle, with less than market risk.
This position serves as an integral part of the firm’s outreach effort, increasing business development activity and driving new business in alignment with Coho’s national outreach plan. This role will focus on efficiently broadening outreach efforts, particularly in the intermediary space (RIA, bank trust, family office and wealth management channels).
The successful candidate will have a professional presence and knowledge of the industry to proactively communicate the firm’s investment philosophy, strategy, process, and performance results. Candidates must be comfortable spending a majority of their day on outreach to prospects via phone and email.
Responsible for proactively and collaboratively contributing to Coho’s outreach effort including but not limited to:
- Work with databases to assist outreach efforts by effectively identifying, qualifying, and prioritizing institutional prospects and financial intermediaries including RIA, bank trust, family office and wealth management channels;
- Serve as an internal sales consultant to effectively represent Coho Partners on both incoming and outgoing phone calls and emails;
- Capture all outreach interactions in Salesforce.com. Update and document contacts, outreach opportunities and activity. Generate reports from Salesforce to prioritize prospects, as well as other ad hoc reports as required;
- Work with Marketing to assist in completing RFP/RFI/DDQs, produce and bind presentation materials, and additional data related requests; and
- Any and all other responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years of internal sales, sales analyst or client relations, experience in the investment industry is preferred;
- Position is currently hybrid, but this could be subject to change. Candidates must be located in the Philadelphia area and be able to commute to the office when required;
- Previous experience cold calling/emailing prospective clients is highly preferred;
- Knowledge of or previous experience in the intermediary channels are a plus;
- High alignment with the Coho company culture, strong interpersonal skills, and proven ability to collaborate with peers and colleagues;
- High degree of versatility, self-motivation, and integrity;
- Energetic, with the ability to thrive within a small team-oriented environment with minimal oversight;
- Consultative approach to outreach, with excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up, excellent organizational skills;
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Excellent skills using Microsoft Office, including Excel and PowerPoint, previous experience with Salesforce.com is preferred;
- This position does not require FINRA licenses. Coho does not sponsor or hold FINRA licenses for employees.