Client Portfolio Management – Equity
The Client Portfolio Management (CPM) team is a group of investment professionals who have deep expertise in one or more asset classes and strategies managed by Pioneer. CPMs serve as a conduit between the investment division and other areas of the organization globally including sales, relationship management, and consultant relations and marketing, and are responsible for communicating investment related content to both internal and external constituents. This content includes the investment philosophy, process and distinguishing features of the strategies within their respective areas of coverage, as well as market commentary, portfolio positioning, performance and attribution, in both written and verbal form via face-to-face meetings, conference calls, or other mediums. CPMs also write original investment thought leadership papers, present on investment topics to small and large audiences, influence product development, and take the lead in responding to ad-hoc client or internal requests that often require analysis and writing. The role will be based in Boston, but will support the firm’s global distribution initiatives and may require extensive travel.
- Develop and maintain a deep expertise in the US large cap equity asset class, including an awareness of overall market trends, valuations, style and sector attributes, and stock specific information.
- Identify distinguishing features of Amundi Pioneer US large cap equity strategies and ensure messaging reflects these features in a compelling and consistent way.
- Develop and contribute strategy related content covering investment philosophy, process, distinguishing features, performance, attribution and positioning, as well as market commentary used in the production of marketing collateral and client communications; including but not limited to, RFPs/RFIs, presentations, marketing brochures, and client communications
- Write original investment white papers that showcase US equity thought leadership.
- Create ESG content including white papers, slide presentations, and sample RFP responses.
- Present Amundi Pioneer’s US large cap equity capabilities to internal and external constituents including sales teams, consultants, clients and prospects, in a clear, organized and compelling manner via face-to-face meetings, conference calls, videos and other mediums
- Provide monthly, quarterly, and annual market commentaries and portfolio reviews in both written and verbal form
- Participate in the development of new product ideas and implementation of product launches
- Assist in the onboarding of new accounts and/or portfolios
- Proactively serve as a “Champion” to secure internal “shelf space” and drive gross and net sales growth within respective areas of coverage
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience as a client portfolio manager, portfolio manager, or in another role requiring deep US equity investment expertise and client facing skills.
- A CFA is strongly preferred
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
As a CPM, you will:
- Quickly establish credibility as an investment expert, and build effective working relationships with colleagues and clients
- Demonstrate excellent listening, writing, and presentation skills, calibrating to the audience
- Analyze information efficiently, and use it creatively to generate persuasive messaging
- Have expertise in US large cap equities as well as ESG; a background in, and a working understanding of, the capital markets are also important
- Have a strong understanding of both the retail and institutional markets, including the sales process for each
- Manage and prioritize firm level initiatives along with distribution and client requests
- Be detail-oriented, accurate, responsive, and results oriented while working under tight deadlines
- Be proactive in staying in front of the distribution teams and clients with written and oral communications
- Be flexible in supporting the business needs of a number of different distribution channels
- Preferably have experience with systems such as Barra, Factset and eVestment
- Obtain the Series 7 and 63 licenses within 6 months of starting in the role