Client Service Associate – Institutional Strategies
Boston Trust Walden Company Overview
Boston Trust Walden Company is an independent, employee-owned firm that provides investment management services to institutional investors and private wealth clients. The firm manages approximately $15 billion in client assets.
Boston Trust Walden distinguishes itself in several keyways, including:
- stable, diversified business model serving a variety of client types.
- compelling investment philosophy and excellent track record.
- longstanding leadership in ESG impact investing; and
- corporate culture grounded in shared values, as signified by the company’s tagline, Principled Investing.
Located in the heart of Boston at One Beacon Street, Boston Trust Walden employs fewer than 100 individuals. Boston Trust Walden’s structure as an independent, employee-owned firm enables the firm to make business decisions that align with clients and employees for long-term success. The firm’s structure and size help cultivate a collegial work environment where employees have ownership of their work, contribute to positive client outcomes, and are rewarded for their efforts.
One of Boston Trust Walden’s strategic priorities is to foster a positive workplace; this includes a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. The firm believes this commitment is not only the right thing to do, but also a matter of good governance and a critical component of long-term business success. When DEI values are infused into the workplace environment, the company and its employee’s benefit. The firm is committed to taking meaningful steps to advance racial, ethnic, and gender equity in its workplace through retention, education, and recruitment initiatives.
Boston Trust Walden Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Boston Trust Walden is committed to supporting equal employment opportunity and to promoting a workplace free of discrimination with regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, genetic information, ancestry, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, parental status, marital status, veteran/US military status, pregnancy, citizenship status, or other legally protected status.
The firm will make reasonable accommodations in the application process if requested by new job applicants.
The focus of the Client Service Associate is to provide administrative support to Boston Trust Walden’s Institutional Strategies team and the firm’s clients. In this role, you will be a member of the client service team and interface with portfolio and relationship managers, as well as executives in marketing, business development, operations, and risk management. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Produce and distribute client reports such as performance and asset allocation.
- Work with outside custodians and consultants to support mutual client relationships.
- Assist with the client onboarding, coordinating with the business development, operations, and compliance teams.
- Support relationship managers in providing responsive and excellent client service.
- Provide portfolio managers with data and information necessary to manage strategies and respond to client and/or consultant requests.
- Analyze current processes and procedures, providing suggestions and using technical skills to add efficiencies and improve the client experience.
- Respond to internal requests designed to support business development or client retention efforts.
- Assist with the monitoring of client cash flow needs.
- Coordinate on-site client and consultant meetings, including the ordering of meals and reserving meeting rooms.
- Ad hoc projects in support of the firm’s strategic objectives
- Length/Tenure: Minimum of 1 year of professional experience in the financial services industry
- Experience working both independently and as part of a team.
- Familiarity with the investment management industry and financial products
- Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel
- BS/BA or equivalent proven experience
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong client service orientation
- Aptitude to pick up new technologies and procedures.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Experience with Salesforce
This is a full-time position based in Boston, MA. Boston Trust Walden is operating in a hybrid manner with a mix of in-office and remote work. Specifics are dependent upon the team and should be discussed with the hiring manager.