Client Services – Vice President
About AQR Capital Management
AQR is a global investment firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver concrete, long-term results by looking past market noise to identify and isolate the factors that matter most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. By putting theory into practice, we have become a leader in alternative strategies and an innovator in traditional portfolio management since 1998.
At AQR, our employees share a common spirit of academic excellence, intellectual honesty and an unwavering commitment to seeking the truth. We’re determined to know what makes financial markets tick – and we’ll ask every question and challenge every assumption. We recognize and respect the power of collaboration and believe transparency and openness to new ideas leads to innovation.
Operations has a diverse set of responsibilities, including settling and recording thousands of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risk, and partnering with technology to develop and implement low touch, streamlined processes. The operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new business, structures, and markets.
We are looking to hire a strong candidate to join the Client Services team within Operations. The primary responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Help oversee and manage the daily Subscription, Redemption and Transfer process for AQR’s Private Commingled Funds, Separately Managed Accounts, AQR Mutual Funds and AQR CIT’s. Includes coordinating document completion between AQR Business Development and Legal Teams as well as clients directly.
- Manage daily oversight of the Manilla based Client Service Team
- Provide general operational support to external clients including their administrators, custodians, consultants, and auditors.
- Serve as primary resource for oversight and management of AQR’s Mutual Funds Services. Includes managing daily counterparty oversight, fielding client inquiries, facilitating waiver requests and general account / fund maintenance.
- Support senior Business Development, Legal and Compliance team members to produce quarterly Mutual Fund Board Reporting materials.
- Work closely with AQR’s Portfolio Implementation Team to translate daily cash flow details which facilitates the portfolio optimization process.
- Investigate, coordinate, and provide responses to operational inquiries that span AQR’s operational infrastructure
- Work in conjunction with AQR’s Onboarding Team to facilitate the launch of new, complex, and innovative account structures.
- Interact regularly with AQR’s Engineering team to enhance systems and improve technology and processes surrounding cash flows and client account management.
- Identify operational inefficiencies across product structures and help create scalable workflows whether automated or outsourced to align functions across the platform.
- Help drive and track both tactical and strategic project initiatives that span the firm.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree, with a preferred concentration in finance
- 5+ years of experience within financial industry, complex fund structure experience a plus.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Well-organized with the ability to multi-task and work within tight timeframes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
The salary range for this role is expected to be $90,000 to $120,000. This is the range that we in good faith believe is accurate for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, depending upon factors such as skills, experience, location, or other business and organizational needs. This wage range may also be modified in the future.
This job is also eligible for an annual discretionary bonus.
We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), and any other benefits to eligible employees.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/VET/DISABILITY