Consultant Relations Director
The Consultant Relations Director, based in TCW’s New York or Boston office, will be responsible for working in conjunction with the Institutional Marketing team to attract new assets from investors across various channels into numerous TCW strategies (fixed income, equities, alternatives and emerging markets). Responsibilities include identifying and cultivating relationships with investment consultants, as well as leading performance reviews and new business meetings with both research professionals and field consultants. This position will also maintain ongoing, strategic relationships with existing institutional consultants.
The territory assigned to this role is one of the largest territories in the firm, as this individual will serve as the primary contact for consultants in the Eastern US. In addition, the incumbent will cover firms headquartered in the Midwest as well as those with regional offices in that region alongside the Consultant Relations Director on the team who has primary responsibility for the Western US.
Teamwork and collaboration are essential elements of this role as this individual will work in partnership with their West-Coast based colleague and the Consultant Relations Associates who make up the team, as well as with their colleagues in Institutional Marketing, Client Service and on the various investment teams. The US Consultant Relations team also works in cooperation with Marketing and Client Service colleagues in the firm’s offices in Europe, Asia and Australia to ensure thorough coverage and consistent messaging across all representatives of global consulting firms.
- Work with consultants and Marketing colleagues to secure new business from the institutional client base (e.g. public funds, corporations, foundations/endowments, insurance companies and state and local municipalities) through consultant/third party relationships, as directed.
- Develop and manage strategic relationships with institutional consultants
- Manage and support efforts to build recognition of TCW products
- Share intelligence gathered with respect to trends in the industry and strategies/solutions sought by clients and their consultants
- Serve as the primary contact for consultants in the Eastern U.S.
- Frequent travel required
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- At least 5 years industry experience with a minimum of 3 years Consultant Relations experience
- Exposure to, and an in-depth understanding of, a wide range of asset classes, financial instruments, strategies and products
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong strategic relationships with consultants and clients
Professional Skills Qualifications
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong initiative and self-starter
- Ability to work in a team environment
- CFA or MBA preferred
To Apply, Click Here