ImpactAssets is the leading impact investing partner for individuals, families and philanthropists seeking to effect real change for people and planet. Bold yet pragmatic in our approach, ImpactAssets’ creativity and investment expertise ignites a deeply personal impact investing journey for clients - while we manage the complexities. Founded in 2010, ImpactAssets’ mission is to increase flows of capital to impact investing. Together, with our clients, we are catalyzing investment capital into mission driven business models solving the worlds’ biggest challenges. The result? A fast growing, dynamic organization with more than $3 billion in assets under management and an activated community of 2,000+ clients. This level of growth, vision and commitment equals great opportunities to grow a career at ImpactAssets! ImpactAssets is seeking a wide range of colleagues that share our urgency and audacity for driving outsized capital to impact investing. You dream big, have a track record for solving problems and know how to ‘get stuff done’.
The Senior Accounting Manager / Controller will manage the organization’s monthly accounting cycle for core operations. This includes management of day-to-day accounting operations, weekly disbursements, monthly bank reconciliations, and month-end closing processes. The Controller is both an individual contributor as well as a manager, responsible for coordinating all accounting operational functions to ensure on-time, accurate, and complete deliverables. Always a champion of process improvement, this position will expand use of automation and ensure efficiency and effectiveness in all operations.
If you are committed to serving clients at the highest level, genuinely like helping people, thrive in a fast-paced environment, are detail oriented and have excellent organizational skills, this role may be a great fit!
- Direct accounts payable function; review and approve weekly disbursements
- Monitor Donor Advised Fund (DAF) grant disbursement process compliance, including confirming required approvals have been obtained and liquidity needs will be met
- Review weekly cash liquidity forecasts, ensuring the organization has cash to fund current operations
- Assist Director in coordinating the monthly and annual financial statement closing and consolidation process
- Review bank and other reconciliations prepared by the Senior Accountant
- Assist the Director during the annual financial statement audit by preparing various workpapers and schedules
- Understand and work with the team to achieve department objectives and key results (OKRs)
- Ensure consistent implementation of corporate accounting principles and procedures in full compliance with US GAAP, OMB, and all regulatory bodies
- Evaluate accounting processes and internal control systems, recommending improvements as needed to be included in the accounting policies and procedures manual
- Supervise and mentor Senior Accountant and any accounting contractor(s)
- Minimum 7 years of experience in accounting, with 3+ years at a similar level with an organizational operating budget in excess of $10 million
- Advanced coursework in finance or accounting required; Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting preferred ; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Accounting experience with investments required, private/complex investment structures strongly preferred
- Supervisory experience required
- Experience in audit and tax, preferably in non-profit and/or investment organizations preferred
- Experience with accounting and consolidations of related entities preferred
· Proficiency with cloud-based collaboration tools Box and Asana preferred
Unique benefits, including:
- virtual work stipend and contribution to employee’s own Donor Advised Fund
- Competitive total compensation, including discretionary bonus, 401(k) plan, and generous time off plan
- Base salary ranges from $120 - $133K and is highly dependent on experience and location
- Comprehensive benefits package including full health and wellness coverage and generous time off plan
- Opportunities for training and career development in a fast-paced, progressive organization