Corporate Credit Analyst
Why Work at MacKay Shields
Central to MacKay Shields’ culture is the strong commitment to both our clients and employees. We believe a connection exists between satisfied clients and happy employees. We promote a high degree of autonomy and place accountability across investment teams and offices. We encourage collaboration, innovation, and professional development as anchors to our culture.
Why What We Do Works
Since 1938, MacKay Shields has partnered with clients to help meet their investment goals through high quality products and exceptional service. As active managers, we serve a prominent group of pension funds, government and financial institutions, family offices, high net worth individuals, endowments, and foundations from across the globe. We were acquired by the New York Life Insurance Company in 1984 as the foundation to its multi-boutique investment advisor model. The model—which was designed to combine the benefits of nimble and independent investment boutiques with the strength of a financially strong partner—has been key to MacKay Shields’ success. The firm currently manages over $152 billion in assets for institutional investors and other financial service providers across the globe.
We are searching for a credit analyst to cover high yield and investment grade corporate credit. The ideal candidate will have five to ten years of buy side corporate credit analysis experience.
• Contribute to the investment process by: 1) providing fundamental research and analysis on individual corporate bond issuers to assess current and expected credit risk profile and 2) recommending investment ideas within an absolute and relative value framework. Key activities include financial modeling, report writing and credit committee presentations.
• Coverage will be sector focused and the analyst will be expected to understand and actively incorporate industries and sector trends to forecast business, industry and economic conditions for use in making investment decisions.
• As part of active analysis, financial and non-financial factors should be considered. The team actively incorporates ESG factors in its investment process.
• Proactively communicate ideas to the investment team including head of research and portfolio managers.
• Support the team through close interaction with portfolio managers in daily trading activity as well as with special projects and reports.
• Act as resource for peers, provide candid feedback and promote constructive debate.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree with a concentration in finance preferred, with an MBA and/or CFA preferred
• Five to ten years of financial statement/credit analysis experience.
• Strong analytical skills; strong fundamental analysis and valuation skills
• High proficiency in Excel and financial modeling
• Excellent interpersonal skills, detail-oriented and be able to multi-task effectively
• Strong communication and writing skills
• Enjoys and promotes a collaborative work environment
MacKay Shields LLC offers an excellent salary and benefits package.
At MacKay Shields, we commit to the equitable treatment of all. Differences in background, experience, characteristics, and abilities—whether readily visible or unseen—make each person unique and valuable. Attracting, developing, and retaining diverse talent is critical to our success. We promote a comprehensive approach to diversity and inclusion to serve our employees, our clients, and our community. Striving to make a positive impact and deliver results through performance with purpose is at the heart of our ethos.
MacKay Shields LLC is committed to creating a diverse employment environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected pursuant to federal, state or local law.
Please send your resume and cover letter with current and prior salary history in confidence to: