Credit Research Analyst
Sycamore Tree Capital Partners, L.P. is a value-oriented, active asset manager focused primarily on alternative credit, including bank loans, high yield credit, structured products, stressed, distressed and special situations investing. The firm is committed to building and maintaining a strong culture that embodies the following key principles: client-focus, excellence, integrity, humility, and teamwork.
Sycamore is seeking an experienced credit research analyst to join the firm’s credit team. The position will be responsible for conducting credit diligence and making investment recommendations across the corporate capital structure: senior secured loans, stressed/distressed, CLOs and high yield bonds. This position is in our company headquarters, Dallas, Texas.
- Conduct due diligence on the firm’s investment ideas, including fundamental credit analysis and ongoing position monitoring
- Support the research team on all aspects of investment research, including tear sheets, models, comps, etc.
- Perform benchmarking analysis, valuation analysis and industry research
- Communicate extensively with other investment professionals, the investment committee and portfolio management
- Interact with investment bank brokers/bankers/analysts and industry experts
- An undergraduate degree from a highly ranked school, with a strong academic track record and foundational skill set in accounting coursework
- A range of 3-8 years post-undergrad experience at a commercial bank, investment bank (banking or research) and/or buy-side asset manager
- Prior credit analysis experience is a plus
- Solid modeling skills, strong analytical and financial acumen
- Attention to detail
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, writing and presentation skills
- Desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment and add value beyond designated role/responsibilities
Compensation & Benefits
Sycamore Tree offers a competitive base salary plus a discretionary bonus based on defined performance criteria, encouraging alignment of interests among the firm’s clients/investors. We also provide an attractive employee benefits package. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. For additional information and, or to apply for this opportunity, please go to https://app.trinethire.com/companies/31494-sycamore-tree-capital-partners/jobs.