CWM, PWM, Private Bank Lending, Underwriter, Associate/Vice President – Dallas
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Consumer and Wealth Management (CWM)
Across Consumer and Wealth Management (CWM), Goldman Sachs helps empower clients and customers around the world reach their financial goals. Our advisor-led wealth management businesses provide financial planning, investment management, banking and comprehensive advice to a wide range of clients, including ultra-high net worth and high net worth individuals, as well as family offices, foundations and endowments, and corporations and their employees. Our consumer business provides digital solutions for consumers to better spend, borrow, invest, and save. Across CWM, our growth is driven by a relentless focus on our people, our clients and leading-edge technology, data and design.
Private Wealth Management (PWM)
Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management (PWM) specializes in creating comprehensive wealth management plans for high net worth individuals and families, as well as select institutions, including foundations and endowments. PWM Teams work one-on-one with clients to advise and deliver customized strategies drawn from our deep investment experience, diverse wealth management capabilities and global reach. Our Private Wealth Advisors (PWAs) deliver an unparalleled investment platform inclusive of the full product and service offerings of Goldman Sachs and beyond, which may include tax and estate planning, philanthropic planning and private banking and lending services. As client needs evolve, this close relationship allows the team to offer complementary services and new opportunities by leveraging the resources of Goldman Sachs and beyond.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Private Lending Underwriting (PLU), based in Dallas, TX, is primarily responsible for the underwriting of loans to GS Private Wealth Management (PWM) clients. In this capacity, PLU assesses, underwrites, documents and monitors the credit risk incurred in loan transactions. The underwriting process includes a thorough analysis of the collateral securing the loan (if any), which may include assets such as marketable securities, private equity/hedge funds, commercial real estate, aircraft, fine art, hobby properties, private company stock, yachts, etc.
PLU also ensures that the underwriting standards approved by the bank are adhered to in the loan approval process, with exceptions appropriately documented. In addition, PLU participates in various business related projects, such as new product development and operational enhancements.
Private Lending is a part of GS Private Bank (PB), which is a business initiative of Goldman Sachs. PLU employees are employees of Goldman Sachs Bank USA.
- Evaluate the credit implications of transactions involving loans when the credit decision cannot rely exclusively on the value of the collateral
- Work closely with the Regional Lending Team to advise and develop solutions for clients that meet their needs and the risk acceptance parameters of the Bank
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the product suite offered in Private Lending. Ensure consistency in the underwriting process and with the standards prescribed in the Product Lending Guides
- Responsible for documenting the structure and analysis for credit approval and file documentation purposes
- Ensure that loan approvals and policy exceptions are documented appropriately and that credit files are maintained in a satisfactory manner
- Ensure that loan documentation is consistent with the approved terms for each transaction
- Ensure that appropriate risk ratings are assigned to each loan transaction
- Ensure compliance with all covenant and collateral monitoring procedures at all times
- Interact with banking regulators on an as needed basis. Provide other support of GS Bank USA’s loan portfolio as requested
- Foster strong communication with Regional Private Lending teams, Credit Risk Management, PWM teams and GS Bank USA personnel
- Minimum of three years' work experience in financial fields
- Relevant work experience includes commercial banking and/or private banking underwriting or credit roles
- Bachelor’s Degree
- MBA Preferred (for a more senior role)
- Key skills include detailed knowledge of financial accounting, analysis and modeling
- People/ project management skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Flexible, personable, confident and self-motivated; team player
- Strong multi-tasking and work organization skills
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, etc.) and Internet capabilities
- Desire to be a part of a dynamic and growing business
- Background in mortgage underwriting not relevant for this role
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity