Director, Digital Content Manager
About this role
Do you want to help us shape the future of investing? Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) usage is accelerating, and BlackRock’s iShares is #1 provider with global organic growth of 20% and 55% increase in shareholders in the US alone! However, to date the Asset Management industry has had a very traditional business model. There is unquestionable opportunity for ETFs and for disruption, and we are determined to lead the change.
We are looking for a Digital Content Manager to join our team, if this sounds like you, keep reading:
- You are passionate about the digital world and have a strong opinion about how best to implement content in the space
- Your business partner relationships are the lifeblood of your well-oiled machine, and you relish the challenge of leading multiple workstreams across the business
- You understand client needs and how to solve them with great content
- Your love of well-executed content is second only to your love of growing and nurturing a team of passionate experts
As the Digital Content Manager you will be responsible for the overall content experience for iShares US, an external-facing web application focused on providing customers the critical information they need to make sound investment decisions through dynamic data and industry insights, as well as supporting content needs on a sister-site through your small but expert team.
For your primary focus on iShares.com/US, understanding the business priorities and (equally as important) our clients’ needs, while bringing the two together to drive commercial success will be critical. This includes leading, or working with, partners on the strategy, roadmap development, and activation of content on the site – owning its overall success – and staying ahead of the competition and broader industry trends. As a strong self-starter, you will connect dots between critical initiatives and teams.
This role requires a high level of collaboration and organization to lead within a team environment. This may include but is not limited to project prioritization and requirements gathering, relationship building, handling inputs from project requestors and execution teams, and partner management.
You will also be responsible for a small team of content experts with different skills and priority focuses, requiring you to be able to drill down into the work at times and provide high level direction at others. We take pride in our people and expect you to care as much for them as you do the projects.
- Lead the iShares.com content experience vision and roadmap (web application specific) in the US and be the first point of contact for the business
- Lead a small team of content experts with diverse focus areas, providing support and direction on their projects and careers
- Build desirable outcomes for users by redefining ideas, business opportunities, research and shape the vision into tangible experiences that provide clear, usable, and useful results
- Collaborate with key project team members, including designers, product managers and technology leads to deliver end-to-end solutions, ensuring projects are well defined, high impact, and successfully carried out.
- Strong project management skills with experience influencing others, gaining consensus, and driving results with individuals inside and outside the organization.
- Use user research & data analysis to ensure our approach is evidence based, continually optimized, user-centered and drives our experience decisions.
- Set and evangelize high standards for web content creation, and optimize experiences for SEO, cross-site content efficiency and overall site health
- Define and monitor content metrics, proactively reviewing and sharing recommendations with content creators.
- Must have 7+ years of professional experience in content production or similar functions
- Strong team leadership skills particularly leading through change
- Experience managing
- Experience working with content management systems & digital marketing
- Experience in project management, and able to drive forward key initiatives
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization
- Organized, results-oriented and interested in data and analytics. Experience on Adobe Analytics is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that is clear, compelling and concise
- Experience working with Design Systems
- Strong attention to detail, collaborative with a positive outlook, self-starter, adaptable and not above any task
- Interest or experience in finance is a plus
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.