Director, Multi-Asset Strategies
Director| Multi-Asset Strategies
Core Portfolio Management
New York, NY
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.52 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter:@blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Introduction to Multi-Asset Strategies and Client Portfolio
Solutions BlackRock’s Multi-Asset Strategies (MAS) group includes tactical asset allocation, factor-based strategies, income funds, target date, target risk, and impact investing products. Our team of over 300 multi-asset investment professionals manages a range of pooled vehicles, model portfolios, and customized mandates for a diversified client base. Currently, MAS has over $460 billion in assets under management and has a strong presence in San Francisco, New York, Princeton, London and throughout Asia Pacific.
Client Portfolio Solutions (CPS) is BlackRock’s multi-asset investment group focused on delivering whole-portfolio asset allocation and portfolio construction services and solutions to meet our clients’ growing demand for outcome-oriented investment solutions. CPS provides a single point-of-contact for custom portfolio construction, with individual Client Chief Investment Officers (CCIOs) offering multi-asset expertise and owning the design, delivery and performance of custom portfolio solutions for our clients. These experts are segmented by client channels, including DC and Wealth Management Platforms, Pensions, Insurance, Foundations & Endowments, Family Office, Official Institutions and Multinationals.
CPS brings together the best of BlackRock’s real-world investment expertise, premier asset allocation and macro research, and industry-leading risk analysis capabilities to offer our clients a holistic, differentiated portfolio construction experience. Our team is made up of experts in strategic asset allocation design who partner with investment professionals in Fixed Income, Active Equity, ETF, Index, MAS and Alternative asset classes to blend multiple sources of return to maximize long-term performance.
The Core PM team is responsible for a wide array of portfolio management responsibilities across MAS and CPS. In New York, the primary role of the Core PM team is to partner with the CPS, Multi-Asset Income (MAI) and the Global Tactical Asset Allocation (GTAA) teams, which manage global, multi-asset portfolios held by institutional and individual retail investors. The Core PM team partners in portfolio construction and design with CIOs and researchers, contributes to investment research, handles all aspects of implementation, and drives enhancements across the PM operating platform.
We are seeking a Director level candidate to join the team in New York as a senior Portfolio Manager with the Core PM team, primary focused on the CPS Client CIO business. Partnering with Client CIOs, the successful
individual will have a portfolio construction focus and help establish best practice in construction and implementation of market and manager views. The individual is expected to contribute and influence investment decision making, including asset allocation and market views, method of implementation and manager selection.
Given the focus on multi-asset approaches among our clients and within BlackRock, this role has considerable scope for the right individual to have an impact on both the success of the team as well as the broader MAS and CPS businesses. The successful candidate will possess outstanding attention to detail, excellent interpersonal skills, and have a passion for thinking critically about financial markets both across and within asset classes.
- Manage multi-asset portfolios comprised of physical, synthetic and multi-manager fund assets
- Partner with Client CIOs and clients to design, construct and deliver portfolios
- Perform daily fund management tasks, including implementing multiple investment strategies, handling client flows, rebalancing, and attribution
- Ensure all mandates conform to performance expectations, investment guidelines, risk parameters, and regulatory requirements
- Participate in research related to multi-asset portfolio construction and other investment topics
- Interface with analytics, risk, data and other platform teams to drive process improvements and contribute to overall systems, investment and trading process enhancements
- High quality degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics or similar quantitative field, or equivalent demonstrated professional experience; graduate degree and/or CFA preferred
- Minimum eight years of experience in portfolio management or like experience desired, with accompanying knowledge of multi-asset portfolio construction, exposure and risk measures, and attribution
- PM and/or trading experience in a range of multi-asset instruments and markets, such as ETFs and other fund vehicles, derivatives, FX, rates, equities and credit markets (options, IRS, CDS, etc.) a plus
- Understanding of quantitative investment research and optimization techniques preferred
- Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to remain focused across a wide range of portfolio types and activities. Strong process awareness and ability to address operational risk issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Programming ability in Python, MATLAB or other languages and tools highly desirable
- Flexible, responsive and self-starting personality. Demonstrated experience working both independently and as part of a team in a highly collaborative, global environment.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Interested applicants should submit their resume to Kusawn Carr Foster: firstname.lastname@example.org.