Director | Portfolio Management
Verus is in search of a Director | Portfolio Management who is a self-motivated individual to service our institutional client discretionary portfolio management function in our Seattle office (with a hybrid work policy). Candidates should be organized, have strong analytical skills, and be detail and process orientated.
The Director | Portfolio Management is responsible for working with the Chief Investment Officer and other Portfolio Managers in the team on the managing, monitoring, and research of investments across a wide variety of client portfolios. This involves being fully aware of the investment environment and Verus’ thinking on how best to capitalize on that environment in portfolios, communicating with clients and consultants about the asset allocation and portfolio construction of portfolios, working closely with other Portfolio Managers and Operations on the ongoing management of and rebalancing of portfolios, and coordinating with the Strategic Research, Manager Research groups and the Consulting team on an ongoing basis. While the CIO retains final overall responsibility for all portfolios, the Director | Portfolio Management will be the primary PM on a number of large accounts, will be the secondary PM on others, and will provide leadership and mentoring for other members of the PM team. This role will be key for the successful growth of our OCIO franchise.
- A senior peer-leader within the Portfolio Management team participating with the CIO and other team members in developing and implementing Verus Best Practice in portfolio management;
- Manage specific discretionary investment portfolios, through the onboarding and building out of an asset allocation with the client and in the ongoing management of the portfolios including asset allocation, portfolio rebalancing, portfolio tilt implementation, and investment manager selection;
- Provide appropriate reporting as needed for internal and external purposes around the discretionary process and portfolios;
- Act as a key interaction point with clients, prospects, and external third parties as needed to represent the firm, communicate investment ideas and provide exceptional service;
- Consistently work to make portfolio management processes and tools more efficient and scalable, identifying possible efficiencies and building solutions to eliminate them;
- Ensure flawless portfolio management with zero failures impacting clients;
- Work as part of one single, integrated, investment team, participating in the creation of intellectual capital as needed and as directed by the CIO, and in particular working closely with the broader investment team on creating new thinking around strategic asset allocation, shorter term tilting, and portfolio construction ideas and presenting these ideas internally and externally in both presentation and publication formats;
- Bachelor’s Degree required;
- CFA charter holder required (or progression towards achieving the designation);
- Master’s Degree and CAIA highly desirable;
- Strong technical capabilities;
- Significant experience in portfolio management, manager research, external portfolio manager programs, and/or institutional consulting.
$150,000 - $195,000 DOE
The base salary range in this job posting represents the low and high end of the anticipated salary range for this specific position and its unique job function within a specific job category. Salary offered to candidates is determined by factoring in market pay for the job function and job category, internal peer equity, education, credentials, relevant skills and expertise, past employment experience, and geographic pay differentials.
Verus is an independent, institutional investment consulting firm. Since 1986, we have been working closely with our clients and other professionals to add value to their investment portfolios by providing research driven investment solutions that address their specific needs. Through independent, conflict-free advice and investment expertise, our professionals strive to be the driving force that empowers clients to achieve their investment objectives. We are looking for a talented professional who embodies our firm values of diligence, professionalism, expertise, client service, and collaboration.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, life, disability, and vision insurance; 401(k) program with a company match; section 125 cafeteria plan; annual discretionary bonus; CFA and other professional certifications sponsorship; parental leave; 13 paid holidays; and 15 days of paid time off the first year of employment.
In addition, our boutique firm allows us to have an exceptionally convivial corporate culture with opportunities for career development and cross-departmental collaboration. On top of strengthening growth and partnerships in the work environment, Verus promotes happy and healthy living with a variety of employee appreciation initiatives, a good sense of humor, and several company events throughout the year.
To apply please visit our Verus Career Website here: https://www.verusinvestments.com/careers/
Verus is dedicated to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. We seek employees from all backgrounds to join our teams, and we encourage our employees to bring their authentic and best selves to work. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), disability, age, citizenship status, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, medical condition, military or veteran status.