The Analyst will perform bottom-up fundamental research within the Communications sector for the purpose of making buy and sell recommendation to Portfolio managers across the US Equities platform.
- Maintain bottom-up research coverage on assigned industry..
- Independently and thoughtfully conduct equity research.
- Generate, develop, and present new investment ideas as well as monitor current investments for all active US equity strategies along with the “best ideas” research portfolio.
- Build and maintain complete company models, create income statement and balance sheet forecasts, and perform valuation analysis.
- Apply economic value added (EVA) analysis and valuation to fundamental models.
- Convey information verbally and through written notes and reports such as industry reviews, company evaluation analyses, and quarterly company updates.
- Frequent and informal communication with portfolio managers on industry and stocks in their portfolios.
- Initiate and maintain contacts with company managements.
- Bachelor’s degree plus MBA and/or CFA, strongly preferred.
- 5-10 years of equity research experience.
- Exceptional knowledge of the Communications sector.
- Strong fundamental analytical skills.
- Seasoned and proven judgment and thought process in the field of research.
- Consistent and strong investment performance.
- Advanced financial modeling and valuation skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Team player mentality.