Equity Research Analyst -AVP
Division: SSGA Fundamental Growth & Core (FGC) Active Equity
This position is in the Equity Research department supporting Senior Equity Research analysts with their respective sector coverage. In collaboration with the sector analyst, this junior analyst will perform industry and company specific fundamental research and valuation analysis. Strong capabilities and experience in financial modeling is mandatory.
- Based on fundamental research, you will formulate and recommend global equities investment ideas.
- Conduct your research in collaboration with other sector analysts, regional teams, and portfolio managers.
- You will provide industry insight, company specific analysis, and actionable stock recommendations following the FGC research process to positively impact performance.
- Manage a live “best ideas/highest conviction names” paper sector portfolio that will also be tied to your compensation.
- The paper research portfolio will also serve as a communication vehicle for ideas and trades to PM’s.
- Construct and maintain financial models and forecasts to support analysis and investment recommendations.
- Communicate and present your primary research on investment opportunities, ideas, and updates to sector analysts and portfolio managers.
- Develop and sustain frequent contact with management teams and industry sources utilizing company/industry publications, sell-side analysts, etc. to drive your insights, analysis and conclusions.
- Promote the FGC team capabilities and investment process to internal stakeholders through tough leadership pieces and internal investment outlook meetings.
- Participate in client/prospect/consultant reviews regarding your investment and research processes and performance.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in a business-related discipline.
- 3-5 years of experience in an investment management organization
- Strong history of demonstrated performance
- Experience using Bloomberg
- Advanced Excel and modeling skills
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills; results driven with ability to creatively problem solve
- Capacity for differentiated thinking, and ability to challenge the status quo in order to drive optimal investment decisions
- Ability to gather information from a variety of sources to recommend/make decisions under uncertain circumstances.
- Strong communication skills, verbal, written and presentation; ability to effectively communicate strategic research to team members across all levels of the organization
- Initiative to work independently; aptitude to self-direct and set priorities in a high energy dynamic environment – strong entrepreneurial work ethic
- Team player who can work collaboratively - excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills that can develop/nurture external relationships
- Ability to work effectively with multi-cultural team members
- Highly organized, with attention to detail
- Ability to work in an environment where priorities may change frequently
- Demonstrated personal and professional integrity
- 3-5 years of investment experience, preferably in public equities
- A demonstrated history of delivering research contributing to strong investment performance results with an ability to influence outcomes
- Deep knowledge of financial statement analysis and accounting expertise including financial modeling, income statement, balance sheet and cash flow analysis
- Passion for investing in companies and markets
- CFA or CPA
- Strong research skills incorporating qualitative and quantitative analysis
If interested, please apply here: https://statestreet.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Global/job/Stamford-Connecticut/Equity-Research--AVP_R-662411-1