ESG Information Specialist / Project Manager
Job Description: Independently provides administrative support to ESG-related investment activity and to the Director of Responsible Investing as Project Manager of ESG related RFP drafts and/or edits. Coordinates and oversees ESG external and internal communication reporting. Capable of handling and resolving the most complex questions and due diligence matters. Day-to-day interaction with mid- or junior-level finance or investments staff clients. Has knowledge and experience needed to support senior-level clients and internal Client Portfolio Managers.
- Lead the Responsible Investing (RI) Request for Proposal (RFP) in Investments to ensure our high standards of RI concepts, ESG data, and its application are well-maintained in RFP content management systems
- Collaborate with the Client and Marketing teams with timely and relevant ESG-related requests, including periodic client reporting, ESG investor diligence questions, annual UN PRI reporting, firm’s annual Stewardship and Engagement report, and ad hoc requests.
- Maintain key policies and documents of the ESG team to ensure applicable standards are properly captured and documented as well as reviewed and updated as needed
- Support the ESG team as well as our partners in Marketing and Group functions to provide high quality RI specific content for reports and other material like questionnaires used internally and externally
- Support the ESG research and specialist teams in creating content-driven documents and presentations that help the equity team as a leader in RI / ESG
- Support as needed project work as a subject matter expert to drive BHGI’s strategic priorities in the sustainability space.
- Supports production of reports to accurately and effectively communicate portfolio and investment information to Portfolio Managers, Client Portfolio Managers, and clients, and possesses ability to interpret themes, trends, and implications from various reports and/or data sets.
- Produces and formats strategy and portfolio level commentary for client and consultant reporting.
- Handles high priority, time sensitive, and complex duties as assigned.
- Monitors and resolves potential conflicts of proxy voting processes.
- Coordinates PRI-related data for producing and filing reports, and monitoring credentials.
- Strong organizational skills, written and verbal communication skills, and attention to detail.
- Works collaboratively and constructively with colleagues.
- Utilizes problem-solving skills and has a strong aptitude for information management.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, and multi-task.
- Highest level of integrity, regard for confidentiality, strong work ethic, ability to work independently and
work effectively and collaboratively in a team.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Power Point, Excel, Word, and Outlook. Working
knowledge of or aptitude to learn financial applications including APX, Assette, Bloomberg, FactSet
- 3-5 years of experience in client services, marketing, or portfolio management support required
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA with a focus in marketing or business is preferred.
Website - www.barrowhanley.com
To Apply: email resume and cover letter to Kristi Herring, HR Manager, at KHerring@barrowhanley.com
Barrow Hanley is an equal opportunity employer. Barrow Hanley is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.