Financial Associate & Asset Manager
Please apply via our website (rolling application process through 5/22/2023 deadline):
Job Title: Financial Associate & Asset Manager
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
Sares Regis Group of Northern California offers a broad scope of residential and commercial real estate development management services. With our principals having over 40 years of experience providing real estate services in the San Francisco Bay Area, Sares Regis has assembled a staff of remarkable talent from a broad range of related development backgrounds including urban and master planning, entitlements, architecture, various engineering disciplines, construction, project management, real estate development, asset management and financial services. We have developed over 21 million square feet of commercial, residential and mixed-use properties, primarily located throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. Our portfolio consists of a combination of operating assets, developments of our own and fee-based consulting and management services for clients.
You will be part of our Sares Regis corporate team managing a portfolio of existing residential and mixed-use operating assets and analyzing the financials of a portfolio of ongoing development deals in the Bay Area. The asset valuations and project budgets mostly range from $10M to $150M. The role receives broad strategic direction from senior leadership, based upon which you will guide asset-level strategy and actions and direct property management on operations and capital expenditure projects. You will work closely with the CFO to assess the financial strategies behind each asset and deal depending on its investment horizon and investment partner(s). You will be an instrumental team member in connecting the management, property management, accounting, and development teams plus SRGNC’s partners and investors. We are looking for a self-motivated proactive individual who takes the initiative to evaluate and improve processes and add value to our investments and team.
In this role, you will also be partly supporting the CFO in corporate finance matters related to the operations of the company.
Portfolio & Asset Management
- Attend weekly calls with the property management teams and direct leasing and operations strategies.
- Maintain leasing and traffic dashboard for managed assets for reporting purposes and to inform pricing strategies.
- Conduct research and review market information in order to provide recommendations on operational, capital expenditure, and financial changes. Regularly share research and best practices with the development teams.
- Identify and evaluate capital improvements to maintain smooth operations and property desirability.
- Review and understand contracts and leases required to operate the properties and manage the investment.
- Create strategic plans for each asset that covers short- and long- term goals and risks.
- Ensure assets are compliant with requirements set by governing bodies, lenders and partners.
- Complete quarterly and annual reports for each asset.
- Conduct property site visits (annual or as needed).
- Motivate, collaborate and direct a team of property managers.
- Coordinate with the development teams and assist with market pricing, operational design, and expense assumptions for new project proformas.
- Support asset transactions including acquisitions, sales, debt placement/refinances, etc.
- Conduct financial analyses including income forecasting and capital improvements ROI to influence budget and investment decisions at the properties.
- Evaluate the impact of proposed projects on cash flow, compliance, rents, and long-term capital needs and make recommendations to the CFO and management team.
- Calculate investor distributions and waterfall for ongoing deals.
- Assist with setting up and analyzing financing structures for new and existing deals.
- Work with development team to create and maintain ongoing financial models for deals in development.
- Generate regular investor reports including financial and operational information.
- Manage contribution and distribution calculations.
- Manage professional communications with investors and partners.
- Collaborate with institutional investors’ asset and portfolio management teams.
- Conduct oneself according to Sares Regis core values: Relationships, Discipline, Collaboration and Creativity.
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college or university.
- 2-4 years’ experience:
- In real estate finance, acquisition, asset management or a related field.
- Financial modeling for real estate investments.
- Property-level real estate financial and analytical strategies, including forecasting, reconciliations and budgeting.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Minimum in person at the office 4 days a week, excluding project travel.
- Recognized professional qualifications in real estate related areas.
- Familiarity with Yardi, Power BI, Appfolio and other related software and applications.
- Broadly understands residential real estate and real estate development.
- Experience with investor management.
- Experience managing the performance of assets through effective collaboration style that motivates team.
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with team members, senior management and investors.
- Seeks out opportunities to learn and improve skill set.
- Demonstrates attention to detail and accuracy, ability to manage multiple assignments, set priorities, and adapt to changing conditions with minimal supervision.