Fixed Income Credit Analyst, Structured Finance
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management Company, LLP is one of the world’s largest independent investment management firms. With more than US$1 trillion in assets under management as of 31 March 2019, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 60 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative, and inclusive culture because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
We are currently seeking to recruit a Fixed Income Credit Analyst (Analyst) to join our Structured Finance Research Group. Based in Boston, this individual will be responsible for covering structured products across a variety of sectors including: CLO, CMBS, RMBS and ABS. The Structured Finance investment team consists of eight portfolio managers, three Fixed Income Credit Analysts and two Research Associates. This is a dynamic and growing team that is currently responsible for $39 billion in assets. As part of the Structured Finance Research Team, the Analyst will be fully integrated into the investment process and expected to conduct deep fundamental analysis, providing unique and insightful research and relative value commentary. This work will support investment recommendations that help shape portfolio manager decisions and add value to client portfolios. The ideal candidate will have strong passion for investing, specific experience and interest in structured finance, embrace fiduciary responsibilities and possess a flexible mindset with the desire to learn/grow and contribute in a Team setting. In addition, the Analyst will regularly interact, collaborate and share research with other investment professionals across our global investment platform, including other credit analysts, equity analysts who cover similar industries, portfolio managers, traders, and macro strategists.
Responsibilities for this position will include the following:
- Creation and maintenance of detailed financial models and databases to aid in analyzing existing and prospective investments
- Maintaining integrity of deal cash flow data, scenario analyses, and comparative valuation tools
- Crafting and effectively communicating analyses/recommendations that add value to client portfolios
- Providing deal level updates to respond to client’s requests and regulatory requirements
- Attending and contributing to internal and external investment meetings
The successful candidate will possess strong analytical skills, attention to detail and a quantitative orientation. Additionally, the ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- Strong interest in and passion for research and investing in fixed income; Desire to work with large data sets and analyze Structured Finance investment opportunities is required
- Ability to make investment decisions that are supported by rigorous analysis and communicated with strong conviction
- High level of initiative and experience developing and implementing value-added investment recommendations
- Strong understanding of investment concepts, intellectual curiosity, a capacity for differentiated thinking, and a growth mindset
- A minimum of three years prior credit experience, on the buy-side or sell-side, focused on CLO or CMBS
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral); ability to thrive in a highly collaborative and interactive work environment.
- Organizational and time management skills as well as ability to work well under pressure
- Willingness and ability to take risk and challenge the status quo
- An undergraduate degree with a strong academic record; MBA/MSF and CFA are preferred.
To submit an application, please follow the link below: